Bernard Pollard released {MERGED} (1 Viewer)

Ravens - "Okay guys, we've won, signed our qb for a gazillion dollars, let's go ahead and RELEASE, TRADE, and CUT EVERYONE!!! YAY!!! We are done."

Lol i dunno what they are doing, but it's odd.

geez ravens are going to be relying on flacco a ton next year.

he's only 2 years younger than harper. could be a good fit but my gut is that we play out harpers contract this year.

(using my limited knowledge of baseball humor) Maybe they should change their name to the Baltimore Marlins.

If were comparing Harper to Pollard..They both cover about the same..But Pollard is a way better tackler

He just seems like a much better tackler because he has 7 other players in front of him doing their jobs. They are about even.

I give Pollard credit though, he is a much more vicious tackler.

it would be cheaper

No it wouldn't! lol.

My gosh people...this is like beating our heads against the wall. :banghead:

Harper's contract is almost completely dead money...it's money that is owed whether or not he even plays for the Saints this season. So by getting rid of Harper...you still play his dead money...then you have to pay Pollard...which is probably about what Harper is making. So you are essentially putting $8+ million a year to Pollard.

It is NOT going to happen. Harper (or someone playing close to league minimum ie IAQ) will be starting at SS for the Saints next year.

It's a lateral move; although one would be cheaper both cant cover

Skill set-kinda the same, but what makes this swap NOT a lateral move is:
Pollard has played on a hard hitting, nasty, tough defense, with attitude and aggression. He knows how to intimidate and what it takes to play good defense. Harper not so much.

it would be cheaper

Releasing Harper would be a 6M cap hit. It would cost more than 1M to get Pollard. It would hurt our cap more for this.

If we're keeping Harper, I hope they extend him longer to lower his cap hit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom