Bernard Pollard - Safety FA (1 Viewer)

Pollard is harder hitter and better tackler than Harper but is also worse in coverage than Harper.

People who don't want Harper here probably wouldn't want Pollard either. They are the same type of safety (in the box).

I LOVE his attitude and intensity. This is how all defensive players should think, especially ours bc we have no attitude or aggression on the defensive side of the ball.

Pollard is harder hitter and better tackler than Harper but is also worse in coverage than Harper.

People who don't want Harper here probably wouldn't want Pollard either. They are the same type of safety (in the box).

The Superbowl may have influenced what people think of his coverage skills, but he has been significantly better than Harper in coverage throughout his career. The Superbowl was actually his worst game in coverage of his ENTIRE career, we see those kinds of games from our safeties several times a year.

He's only allowed 1 TD the past 2 years (including an extra 6 playoff games) and less yards the past 2 years than Harper alone gave up just last season.

Furthermore, his pass two years with the Ravens have ranked in the top 15 or under in categories like yards allowed, yards after the catch, catch percentage, and TDs allowed against both starting FS and SS combined. It boggles my mind why the Ravens cut him, especially with the possibility of losing Reed and already having lost their 2 starting ILBs.

He would absolutely be an upgrade, especially considering the price of Harper's contract vs the price we could bring in a guy who is still in their prime and continuing to improve each year like Pollard.

I like Pollard, but if we brought him in and cut Harper we would still have the dead cap space from Harper, and whatever we pay pollard. If you think we are paying to much for the SS position now this would increase that amount.

I love this part: “I’m surprised that when Nike unveiled the new uniforms … that they didn’t have flags on the side of ‘em,” Pollard said. LOL

I like Pollard, but if we brought him in and cut Harper we would still have the dead cap space from Harper, and whatever we pay pollard. If you think we are paying to much for the SS position now this would increase that amount.

Yeah for a year we would...but we would have a better younger player who's in his prime and improving and scares people instead of being stuck wiht a one dimensional horrific cover guy who has marginal tacklking skills

Pollard is signficantly better....

If were going to go for a safety id rather go all out and try to sign louis delmas.

Sure hes slightly injury prone, but when healthy hes one of the best safeties out there, and his potential upside has a higher ceiling than any other FA safety.

Im just hoping he doesnt sign with the 49ers (especially if there going after Woodson) and we can offer him the chance to start and win a championship!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom