Beside the Saints, what team do you have a soft spot for? (1 Viewer)

My wife went to Newman for 13 years, so we do root for the Mannings when it's not against the Saints. (She was bragging to everyone she knew after the Super Bowl this year!)

I grew up on the outskirts of Tulsa, so my only professional football team growing up was-- and remains, thank you very much--the Oklahoma Sooners.

Also I maintain a soft spot for:

Stanford, where I was in school during the unbelievably exciting (but sub-.500!) John Elway era;

for the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (smallest enrollment in I-A, so always an appealing David vs Goliath story there, and they have been a lot of fun to watch in the last few years);

and most especially for the juggernaut that is my high school alma mater, the twelve-time-Oklahoma-state-champion Jenks Trojans. http://jenkstrojanfootball.com/alumni.html

But in the NFL? Saints only. I mean, I respect and admire lots of fine players on other teams, but as far as any kind of attachment, it's been the Saints and only the Saints at least since the first game that my wife and I saw together at the Dome: Hakim dropped the dadgum ball and that was it for me.

Last edited:
This is a strange thread. Kind of stating who other than your wife/girlfriend you fancy. doesn't seem right but we all fall into the trap. My other team is the Vikings. They always play tough during the season only to falter in the playoffs. Love their helmet/logo.

The Seahawks. I was 16, watching horse racing at Casada Gardens, Antigua and the most beautiful girl in the world walked by me in a Hawks shirt that was soooooo tight.....(Just imagine and save me getting another mod warning). Even the Hawks linemen look good to me now :)
(Just kidding guys).

I like Mannings & Favres. The more you know about the Packers, the more you like them (unless you're from Chicago). Did you know it is impossible for the team to MOVE?

Green Bay is about the size of Laffayette, and as it is with us, most of the fans migrate in from all over the region. Anytime someone tells you New Orleans cant support something, point to G.B.

As for "soft spot," I have one for all the Saints fans in Mississippi. I kept hearing at training camp, "This has always been our team." I dont think we'd have the Saints anymore if not for the Mississsippi fan's support. Thank you MS fans.

Im from Houston area. My 1st love was the Oilers. Pretty much the same experience as being a Saints fan.

I was born and raised on the south side of Chicago... so I was sorta raised a Bears fan.

I also have a "soft-spot" for the Chargers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom