Besides getting swept by the Falcons, which loss disappointed you the most? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
For me it's a tie between the Broncos and Lions
The Saints had their chances to put the Broncos away. I remember it like it was yesterday. Saints were up 7 early in the 4th quarter and Ingram had just hit a 9 yard gain. The next play the Saints are in Shotgun and I'm like no!!!! Leave Ingram in the game to pound the rock. What happens???? Turnover...momentum and lead disappeared as a result. It was also the only game Michael Thomas actually played like a rookie.

The Detroit game was disappointing simply because the Saints were coming off their best performance against the Rams and they pretty much squandered any playoff chances they had by taking a huge step back on both sides of the ball. The defense gave up too many 3rd down conversions particularly in the first half even though they did a respectable job of keeping them out of the endzone overall. The offense was absolutely putrid and it seemed they had bad field position all game

These are games the Saints have to find a way to win if 2017 is indeed gonna be "the year"

It's got to be the Broncos loss. Normally when you score a touchdown and take the lead with not long left on the clock, you don't turn the extra point into a touchdown in the other direction and end up losing the game.

Raiders phantom PI extending their game winning drive instead of us getting off the field on fourth down.

Broncos blocked PAT returned for two points to win the game.

Easily those two.

Early on, the Giants was disappointing - the defense played so well and we lost on a ridiculous FG block returned for a TD. That was an early indicator that we weren't going to be getting any breaks this year.

But beating the Broncos would have been winning 4 of our last 5 and losing it took so much air out. That sucked.

Denver. I felt if they could win that game, they would have finally turned the corner and go on a winning streak..

Broncos loss was one of the most upsetting in my half-century of following professional football. When that game was over I felt like something had broken in the "fan" section of my brain--and I haven't recovered yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom