Besides Joe Burrow what LSU player would you like the Saints to draft? (1 Viewer)

Well, now that Burrow has said the players received real cash, I’m going with Jefferson and Delpit. I doubt Jefferson was going to return anyway. But, their is no telling how many people were involved.

Well, now that Burrow has said the players received real cash, I’m going with Jefferson and Delpit. I doubt Jefferson was going to return anyway. But, their is no telling how many people were involved.

Yeah, what was Burrow thinking? Are he and OBJ trying to Pony Express LSU?

I think AK holding out for a new and large contract is a real possibility this season. If that's the case, I could see the saints being willing to listen to trade offers. If that were to happen, we'd really have to go committee at RB or hit on another super-draft gem. Clyde Edwards-Helaire could very well be just that if he ends up in the right situation. My thoughts are that we'd have to move up into the 2nd round or at least the early 3rd round to get him. Mark Ingram with more wiggle.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Stephen Sullivan if he's hanging around in the 5th or 6th round. Lots of upside.
Sullivan is one of my favorite late round sleepers. If dude really is 240lbs he could have a really bright future in the NFL at TE but if he is in that 220lb range he'll be a project WR.

I want CEH and want him bad. If Sean Payton could custom build a RB it would be him. He was designed by god to be in this offense. There are better RB's but not for the Saints.

Patrick Queen just declared for the draft. I think he is just starting to scratch the surface and will be a stud in a couple years at LB.

Edwards-Helaire, he seems to be a do-everything back. He picks up blitzes, catches well, can find a seam between the tackles, and is near impossible to tackle in space one on one. I also noticed how smart he was with situational awareness at the end of the game. He refused to go out of bounds, and slid when it looked like he might get knocked out of bounds.

Chaisson was everywhere it seemed. I don't know what year he is.

Off-topic, but that Higgins receiver was pretty amazing for Clemson, along with Stalski.
I would say this, and Queen. I dont have any idea when he would enter the draft, but the kid has a nose for the ball and is a solid tackler.

Hands down, Jefferson. Jefferson will be a better version of Landry on the next level. That's no slight to Landry who is a reception machine because he's a great route runner. Jefferson can run great routes, operates great in the middle of the field, and basically turns into a RB after the catch. He has good balance and speed, seldom goes down on first contact. Oh, and he knows how to block downfield. Most complete WR in the draft. Give me him in the slot for 8 to 10 years.

He's the player, LSU or not, I want in the 1st. We wont have to give up the farm to get him and he's great value in this WR class where big shinier but ultimately less polished toys will go higher than him. Give me him over any WR in this class. Draft Analysts have 3 or 4 projected to go before him and that's perfectly fine with me. They did the same for CGM.

Klavon Chaisson LBER
Justin Jefferson WR
Jacob Philips LBER
MOSS (TE)...would be good addition to learn behind Cooks and Hill.

Last edited:
I think Moss is highly overrated on this board in part because of his performance in the national championship game (where anyone with common sense could have predicted he'd have a good game because Clemson's focus would be on the WR corps and CEH).

He's short and somewhat plodding. If his 40 time isn't at least a 4.55, I'd steer clear. He's a slow WR or undersized average speed TE. Neither of those seem worth a pick above round 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom