Besides the return of head coach Sean Payton.... (1 Viewer)

Besides the return of Coach Payton what will be the biggest factor in the Saints having a great 2013

• Quality draft choices

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Veteran free agents (UFA's)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Undrafted free agents (UDFA's)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Coaching staff changes

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Going to a 3-4 defense

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • No BountyGate distraction

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • OTHER

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
How the new defense performs.... Expect much of the sane on offense as in the past 7 years...the story of the 2014 Saints will be the new defense along with the return of Sean Payton.

I think staff changes. I think with the staff changes comes the change to the 3-4 and also a notice to the players that they need to "Do (their) job".

I really hope switching to the 34 defense has the same effect on players that the Payton offense did. I remember that Mike Sheppard offense we had in 2005 and I remember thinking, It's going to be a while before we get it together. Then came 06 and the arrival of Coach Payton, Drew Brees, and Reggie,Reggie,Reggie. I had never heard of Payton and I watched the Game that changed Drews life, and remember thinking, That guy is done for sure. So of course my initial feelings were that our team, with all of the Katrina distractions, would probably struggle to stay in many games, Boy was I wrong!

That offense Payton implemented came out swinging, and I mean hay-makers. If the D can grasp the concepts of the 34, it becomes a matter of putting the right player in the right spot. A good Coach will understand that the most popular guy is not always the right one. He would evaluate his talent with a microscope in order to find his starters as well as weed out his underachievers. If Payton was a defensive genius instead of an offensive one, I think we would have 2 or 3 Lombardi trophies.

The players need to be ready and aware that this year, there's no excuse, no bounty BS, only obstacle is going to be trusting our new DC. But they also WILL know that the general is back and if they see problems, he definitely does. I hope our D players put in work in the off season and come into camp already fit for Sundays. I hope every man fights like his job is already taken and he wants it back. Boy I'm excited for this 34 look cause boy I tell ya, I've been waiting for the team to unleash that beast of a dog we have in Junior, and that Maniac Wilson. Bunkley, Cam, and Hicks will have to show the league what a line of 3 can do with motivation.

Man, you know what, we shall see. I'm getting excited thinking of the possibilities.

I really hope switching to the 34 defense has the same effect on players that the Payton offense did. I remember that Mike Sheppard offense we had in 2005 and I remember thinking, It's going to be a while before we get it together. Then came 06 and the arrival of Coach Payton, Drew Brees, and Reggie,Reggie,Reggie. I had never heard of Payton and I watched the Game that changed Drews life, and remember thinking, That guy is done for sure. So of course my initial feelings were that our team, with all of the Katrina distractions, would probably struggle to stay in many games, Boy was I wrong!

That offense Payton implemented came out swinging, and I mean hay-makers. If the D can grasp the concepts of the 34, it becomes a matter of putting the right player in the right spot. A good Coach will understand that the most popular guy is not always the right one. He would evaluate his talent with a microscope in order to find his starters as well as weed out his underachievers. If Payton was a defensive genius instead of an offensive one, I think we would have 2 or 3 Lombardi trophies.

The players need to be ready and aware that this year, there's no excuse, no bounty BS, only obstacle is going to be trusting our new DC. But they also WILL know that the general is back and if they see problems, he definitely does. I hope our D players put in work in the off season and come into camp already fit for Sundays. I hope every man fights like his job is already taken and he wants it back. Boy I'm excited for this 34 look cause boy I tell ya, I've been waiting for the team to unleash that beast of a dog we have in Junior, and that Maniac Wilson. Bunkley, Cam, and Hicks will have to show the league what a line of 3 can do with motivation.

Man, you know what, we shall see. I'm getting excited thinking of the possibilities.

Not sure by this which of the choices you went with.

If I had to guess, it would be: a) the 3-4, and b) coaching changes.

:gosaints:

Staff changes and veteran cuts/free agents acquisitions

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom