Best analogy I've heard yet... (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Game 7 of the ALCS: 3-3 bottom of the ninth with 2 outs , 3-2 count, home run in left center called foul by the third base umpire and he strikes out on the next pitch. You think MLB would let that stand if it prevented a team from going to the world series?

It's exactly what Goodell has done.

He should have hit the next pitch out as well. /sarcasm

But if the relief pitcher gets the 3rd out in the 7th to prevent the tying run it wouldn’t have mattered. /sarcasm

As stupid as those saying the saints had their chances earlier in the game.

Game 7 of the ALCS: 3-3 bottom of the ninth with 2 outs , 3-2 count, home run in left center called foul by the third base umpire and he strikes out on the next pitch. You think MLB would let that stand if it prevented a team from going to the world series?

In MLB there are reviews of close plays. Unlike the NFL, they try to get it right.

Best I heard this week , is getting a prostate exam by a drunk Freddy Kruger or Wolverine ( that is from a Cowboys fan)

Not a great analogy, as the HR would be GAME OVER.

While the PI would have swung the game majorly in our favor, we would still have to convert a kick.

And the Rams would still have 17 seconds.

My best analogy is if the referees signal a MADE FG NO GOOD, so they dont add the points.

While the PI would have swung the game majorly in our favor, we would still have to convert a kick.

What could happen in 17 seconds??
A fluke missed tackle or something? That never happens.
Game over.

Hmmm... I would say about 5 seconds left. a squib kick takes care of most of that...

A better one might be in park HR that's errantly turned into a ground rule double and the next batter strikes out.... Idk maybe?

A great analogy. If the PI was called we would have:
1. had momentum
2. established offensive rhythm
3. demoralized their defense

A metaphorical HR. No way we lose then.

I don't understand baseball rules but I like Tony Gonzalez's analogy of likening the refs to some cops sitting across the street from your house watching somebody rob it.

Let's suppose refs call pass interference.

1st down 1:49...run for no gain...6 seconds...Rams call final timeout
2nd down 1:43...run for no gain...6+39 seconds
3rd down :58...run for no gain...6+39 seconds
4th down :13...25 yard FG...5 seconds
Kickoff :08

So at best, Rams get the ball back with 8 seconds left with no timeouts, assuming no time runoff on the kickoff. Don't see how they would have 17 seconds left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom