Best available job for new head coaches in nfl? (2 Viewers)

New York Jets HC job is another attractive position ..... a big market team with a QB going into his 2nd year ... Todd Bowles is toast after this season ....

Cleveland for me, and it is not close.

Potential Franchise QB in Baker Mayfield. (Rookie)
Franchise RB in Nick Chubb. (Rookie)
Franchise DE in Myles Garrett. (2nd year)
Franchise CB in Denzel Ward. (Rookie)

Over $80,000,000 in cap space.

More than 10 picks in the 2019 draft, five of them being in the first four rounds.

If you're a coach, you can go to Cleveland and mold that team into whatever you want it to be.

If you go to Green Bay, you will always be a slave to Aaron Rodgers.

I agree with your logic 100%. I do have another view of the Browns. Usually when teams are terrible for a long time, it starts with the owner not knowing how to pick the right FO and Coaches, or they meddle in the players and coaching affairs too often. The Browns FO may be toxic. Whereas GB has always seemed to be a well run franchise from top down. But Cleveland is loaded with top young players.

This thread just made me think. As good a FO as GB has, "if" Rodgers has become toxic, would they trade him? What a bounty they could get and I wonder if Rodgers want to be in one the major markets. idk.

Cleveland would be a sweet gig. The expectations are nonexistent. Any one of us could hang on there for at least three years. A decent coach could go a decade easy if he hovered at .500.

Green Bay does have a prestige to it. The more ambitious coaches might want to go there for the mystique. But Cleveland would be a cherry gig from a lifestyle standpoint.
Except that... you’d have to live in Cleveland 9 if not more months out of the year. No thanks.

I agree with your logic 100%. I do have another view of the Browns. Usually when teams are terrible for a long time, it starts with the owner not knowing how to pick the right FO and Coaches, or they meddle in the players and coaching affairs too often. The Browns FO may be toxic. Whereas GB has always seemed to be a well run franchise from top down. But Cleveland is loaded with top young players.

This thread just made me think. As good a FO as GB has, "if" Rodgers has become toxic, would they trade him? What a bounty they could get and I wonder if Rodgers want to be in one the major markets. idk.

While the Browns for a long time were in disarray as a franchise, looking at their recent history is painting a new picture. They've made smart draft picks, they're no longer "forcing" picks. They've quietly cleared out an incredible amount of cap space. They've loaded up on draft picks. They even gave Jackson a third chance, after going 1-15 and 0-16! They've shown patience and restraint from knee jerk moves.

This team is young, talented, and can be built in any direction by a coach. All the Browns have to do is hire the right guy and they'll be an immediate playoff contender.

Green Bay - Cleveland - NY Jets or already looking for a new HC
while Carolina - Tampa Bay - Jacksonville - NY Giants - Cincinnati - Denver - Atlanta - Dallas could all theoretically follow given the circumstances this year.... hmmm weird to think all the coaches in the NFC South minus the Saints could be looking for a new HC after this season.....

For the first time in many years, the Browns look like a good destination for a coach (who is flexible enough to build the team around Mayfield's abilities and foster the "us against the world edgyness" he plays with) to make their name and launch their career. The Browns have a fanbase that are used to rebuilding if that's what the new coach needs. They'll be pleased with a .500 season next year.

The Packers have a moody QB who isn't going to be able to play into his 40's like Brees and Brady, and a fanbase that expects wins now. They're not happy with less than 10 wins minimum.

Easy choice for a young coach looking to bust out. An older coach with history and his own tendencies? Depends on who that is.

If Cleveland had a better coach, they would have a winning record right now. They were right in all those close games they lost, many of them which were winnable.

If they had a better coach and a better QB in weeks 1 and 2, I have no doubt they would've beat us. As bad as Tyrod Taylor played for them, he still completed a hail mary on us and it took their kicker missing all those kicks to leave us in the game long enough for some Brees heroics.

Definitely Cleveland - they will also have like $60 million in cap space

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom