Best available job for new head coaches in nfl? (1 Viewer)

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Cleveland or Greenbay?

I know Greenbay has Rodgers but I believe Browns may be preferred destination. Young team with tons of good players and a lot of picks in upcoming drafts.

Cleveland it is.

The arrow is pointing up on that one because the QB is young and hungry. And the D has actually been better the past few years than on teams that actually went to the playoffs.

In GB, the QB isn't hungry anymore. I wonder what the public there thinks. After all, it's the one publicly-owned sports franchise.

Green Bay will always have this allure around the team.
Cleveland will always look like it’s rebuilding.

In Green Bay you are expected to win..In Cleveland it is their Super Bowl if they win a game..

Cleveland for me, and it is not close.

Potential Franchise QB in Baker Mayfield. (Rookie)
Franchise RB in Nick Chubb. (Rookie)
Franchise DE in Myles Garrett. (2nd year)
Franchise CB in Denzel Ward. (Rookie)

Over $80,000,000 in cap space.

More than 10 picks in the 2019 draft, five of them being in the first four rounds.

If you're a coach, you can go to Cleveland and mold that team into whatever you want it to be.

If you go to Green Bay, you will always be a slave to Aaron Rodgers.

Cleveland would be a sweet gig. The expectations are nonexistent. Any one of us could hang on there for at least three years. A decent coach could go a decade easy if he hovered at .500.

Green Bay does have a prestige to it. The more ambitious coaches might want to go there for the mystique. But Cleveland would be a cherry gig from a lifestyle standpoint.

Cleveland.

Cleveland for me, and it is not close.

Potential Franchise QB in Baker Mayfield. (Rookie)
Franchise RB in Nick Chubb. (Rookie)
Franchise DE in Myles Garrett. (2nd year)
Franchise CB in Denzel Ward. (Rookie)

Over $80,000,000 in cap space.

More than 10 picks in the 2019 draft, five of them being in the first four rounds.

If you're a coach, you can go to Cleveland and mold that team into whatever you want it to be.

If you go to Green Bay, you will always be a slave to Aaron Rodgers.

This is exactly how I look at it. Cleveland is a prime destination for a Coach who wants to make and impact and there is already a foundation in place with the players listed above, but there are others as well like David Njoku at TE and Shoebert at LB, etc.

The expectation are low in Cleveland because of their history, but a coach could make a huge impact in a division that is undergoing changes. Baltimore is going through changes at QB and is that offense ready to change from Flacco to Jackson? The Bengals have weapons on offense, but Dalton, Eifert and Green can't stay healthy. Pittsburgh will have a QB transition at some point and the Bell situation hasn't been good for the team.

If I was a coach trying to prove myself (young coach) make a difference or prove someone/some team wrong (McCarthy) then I would jump on the Cleveland job.

Cleveland without a doubt.
Cap room to play with, the pieces for a pretty good defense, and a young, hungry, passionate rookie who looks like he has what it takes to be a franchise QB

Green Bay is a better deal. Browns ownership and front office are dysfunctional and the division is one of the toughest in the NFL. GB is in a weaker division with adequate talent. I like Cleveland’s talent but I doubt any coach can succeed in that environment.

Cleveland it is.

The arrow is pointing up on that one because the QB is young and hungry. And the D has actually been better the past few years than on teams that actually went to the playoffs.

In GB, the QB isn't hungry anymore. I wonder what the public there thinks. After all, it's the one publicly-owned sports franchise.
Rodgers is still hungry, just hungry to protect his beloved stat line.

Next coach will have to be prepared to being second fiddle and succumbing to a me first QB.

Cleveland.

They have more talent, a younger QB whom could become great with the right head coach and that defense is far from bad.

Green Bay has a QB over the age of 35 who is a narcissistic head case that is going to clash with whatever coach they hire. They're also devoid on talent, though have put together a surprisingly average defense (they deserve praise for that).

The Packers are in worse shape moving forward when Rodgers' massive contract prevents them from bringing in any serious talent. They are in a worse situation than Baltimore after they signed Flacco to his outrageous deal.

Cleveland would be a sweet gig. The expectations are nonexistent. Any one of us could hang on there for at least three years. A decent coach could go a decade easy if he hovered at .500.

Green Bay does have a prestige to it. The more ambitious coaches might want to go there for the mystique. But Cleveland would be a cherry gig from a lifestyle standpoint.

I agree here and expectations go a long way.

Green Bay was a career wasteland before Mike Holmgren went there and he quickly turned things around. Cleveland is in a similar situation now. The expectations are not extraordinary and these fans are just hungry for some wins. If they could get to an 8-8 season, then start making the post season, they would be happy.

Cleveland has some serious talent on both sides of the ball. They just need the right coach.

Green Bay is the NFLs most storied franchise, with a franchise QB.

Problem is, the franchise QB is impossible to deal with. Dude cant even get along with his own family and has turned his back on them. Seems like he is just a wet blanket and the talent around him is bordering on awful. Its just not a good situation.

I dont know how we arrived here, but Id have to go with Cleveland over Green Bay.

I think the best bet for Green Bay would be to hire a defensive-minded HC and let Rodgers basically run the offense with an OC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom