Best boudin in Louisiana? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I've lived in north Louisiana for my entire life, bouncing back and forth between Shreveport and Monroe. However, being a huge Saints and a fairly big LSU fan, I make a few trips to BR and NO every year. My favorite food in the entire world is boudin, and I stop frequently on these trips to pick up some packaged boudin to freeze and grill throughout the year. My question is: where in south Louisiana can i buy the best boudin? This is simply an opinion, of course.

ronnie's boudin in br is very good. there is a place in breaux bridge i used to stop at often that i loved too, but i can't think of the name. jacob's or bailey's in laplace are both really good too.

Swing through Carencro and stop at Don's with an empty ice chest. Fill it with boudin and a bit of whatever else they in the meat case. If there is room left over and you're up for a drive to LaPlace, swing by Jacob's on Airline Hwy and top it off with andouille.

I hate all of you. There's not a decent link of sausage in this entire god**** state. These poor ******** think that Hillshire Farm is the best there is. I don't feed my dog that stuff.

Everybody knows Rays in Opelousas has the best boudin and its not even close, come on now.

Swing through Carencro and stop at Don's with an empty ice chest. Fill it with boudin and a bit of whatever else they in the meat case. If there is room left over and you're up for a drive to LaPlace, swing by Jacob's on Airline Hwy and top it off with andouille.

I hate all of you. There's not a decent link of sausage in this entire god**** state. These poor ******** think that Hillshire Farm is the best there is. I don't feed my dog that stuff.

I feel your pain, there are a few options here but they are hard to find. My wife's family grills Italian sausage and eats it on bread! Disgrace.

Billy's is taking Lafayette by storm. I don't know if they are the best but the boudin egg rolls are very good.

Boudin Capital: Billy's Boudin and Cracklin

Don's in Scott on I-10. Very good and consistent.

Billy's in Scott, I did not care for but only stopped once.

Chop's in Broussard. Stopped there once ans was the absolute best boudin I ever ate. Swung by a couple of weeks later and got five pounds. Worst boudin I ever ate.

Best Stop in Scott. Good boudin but chunks of onion tops are but too big for me.

Boudin is a personal taste choice. I like mine on the moist and squishy side without big pieces of onion tops. I have eaten at Don's in Scott and it is always consistently good. The girls working the counter seem to not like their jobs sometimes though.

I never liked putting syrup on mine but I do like a boudin sandwich wit fresh Evangeline Maid bread. :9:

Boy you are sure gonna open a can of worms!
My 2 Janise's' in Sunset and Don's in Carencro. Get some cracklings at Don's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Janice's is pretty good, quite greasy though I havent eaten it in awhile.

Everybody knows Rays in Opelousas has the best boudin and its not even close, come on now.
Ray's is probably my fav.It depends on your taste. There is no best. You have to try different places and make the call yourself. Don's in Carencro has quite a bit of pork meat in it I believe compared to Ray's. Its chunkier you could say. The Best Stop is not my thing. Ppl rant and rave over it but I find its highly overrated. It's purely an opinionated subject about which is best. Baton Rouge, I've gone a few places and it sucked but Baton Rouge is not cajun. I havent found any place in Nola, not that I've looked. From Breaux Bridge to Crowley and Broussard to Opelousas, you can find some pretty good boudin.

For my money, it's Don's in Carencro, and there is no close number two. Since boudin is so scarce in BR, the best of what's available to me is Jerry Lee's off of Greenwell Springs. I've never had Ronnie's but I hear it's pretty good too.

I've always thought that if someone opened up a good boudin shop somewhere in the vicinity of LSU, they'd make an absolute killing.

For my money, it's Don's in Carencro, and there is no close number two. Since boudin is so scarce in BR, the best of what's available to me is Jerry Lee's off of Greenwell Springs. I've never had Ronnie's but I hear it's pretty good too.

I've always thought that if someone opened up a good boudin shop somewhere in the vicinity of LSU, they'd make an absolute killing.
You dont say....:scratch: lol

Jerry Lee's and Ronnie's if Im not mistaken Ive tried both and both are good. But that was wayyy outta the way for me to go. Thats probalby the ONLY 2 places in BR to get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom