Best boudin in Louisiana? (1 Viewer)

T-Boys in Mamou and Eunice is the best IMO. The Best Stop is also very good. If you like spicy hit up T-Boys. There cracklins are also money.

Boy you are sure gonna open a can of worms!
My 2 Janise's' in Sunset and Don's in Carencro. Get some cracklings at Don's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don's runs a close 2nd to Billy's in Opelousas/Scott IMO....edit: Billy's and Rays are the same place

Swing through Carencro and stop at Don's with an empty ice chest. Fill it with boudin and a bit of whatever else they in the meat case. If there is room left over and you're up for a drive to LaPlace, swing by Jacob's on Airline Hwy and top it off with andouille.

I hate all of you. There's not a decent link of sausage in this entire god**** state. These poor ******** think that Hillshire Farm is the best there is. I don't feed my dog that stuff.

Man, I hear ya. Ohio is the anus of the food world.

Never had Billy's so I don't have an opinion to offer. Don's Specialty Meats in Scott is the best for my money. I think they'll pack it and ship it to you if I'm not mistaken. (But don't quote me on that:hihi:)

Swing through Carencro and stop at Don's with an empty ice chest. Fill it with boudin and a bit of whatever else they in the meat case. If there is room left over and you're up for a drive to LaPlace, swing by Jacob's on Airline Hwy and top it off with andouille.

I hate all of you. There's not a decent link of sausage in this entire god**** state. These poor ******** think that Hillshire Farm is the best there is. I don't feed my dog that stuff.

Funny and I feel you, but not entirely true. I do know my mom lives in WPalm and we have to ship her sausage, but up here along the Redneck Riviera we have our little homegrown Thompson's Sausage that makes good pig products and we're close enough that some of the specialty grocers get meats from La, but there's certainly no Best Stop or Poche's here though we did just learn that one of the oriental grocers is carrying pigs heads! Yummy.

You dont say....:scratch: lol

Yup - that's exactly what happened in Marksville. A guy from the Lafayette area opened up Juneau's right across from the Paragon. He rakes it in from what I hear.

Don's runs a close 2nd to Billy's in Opelousas/Scott IMO....edit: Billy's and Rays are the same place

no actually they arent.

ray originally owned rays boudin(obviously). billy bought out the rays location and added his boudin to the lineup. about 10 years later ray reopened "the original rays boudin" on hwy 182 just south of opelousas. if you want the boudin that ray used to make go to the hwy 182 location.

my favorite link boudin is the rays on hwy 182. t boys is pretty legit also.

cant beat billys boudin balls, especially the ones with pepperjack.

I always found that best stop and dons is not that good. especially best stop. its way too greasy and they overdo it with the pepper.

Billys in Opelousas is better than Dons and Janices. To me its the best. Bourques in Port Barre is hit and miss. One day its good and the next day its not. Billys is consistently awesome. Their fried boudin balls are equally impressive.

Funny and I feel you, but not entirely true. I do know my mom lives in WPalm and we have to ship her sausage, but up here along the Redneck Riviera we have our little homegrown Thompson's Sausage that makes good pig products and we're close enough that some of the specialty grocers get meats from La, but there's certainly no Best Stop or Poche's here though we did just learn that one of the oriental grocers is carrying pigs heads! Yummy.

Where is the uh...Riviera, you speak of?

You dont say....:scratch: lol

Jerry Lee's and Ronnie's if Im not mistaken Ive tried both and both are good. But that was wayyy outta the way for me to go. Thats probalby the ONLY 2 places in BR to get it.

That's the only two places in BR that's worth eating. One of our vendors brought us an entire tray of Jerry Lee's :hihi:

Man, I totally agree. It's hard to make anything with the crap they call sausage here in FL. We end up settling for Conecuh usually. Still not good enough, but we can stomach it.

Yup - that's exactly what happened in Marksville. A guy from the Lafayette area opened up Juneau's right across from the Paragon. He rakes it in from what I hear.

Yeah, we have some folks from South Louisiana that moved up here and opened up in Austin as well. Boudin is good but not great, but the rest of the sausages are honestly amazing and their andouille/cajun sausages could hold there own with just about any Ive had back home

Stuffed Cajun Meat Market and Speciality Foods

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom