Best boudin in Louisiana? (1 Viewer)

Billy's is taking Lafayette by storm. I don't know if they are the best but the boudin egg rolls are very good.

Boudin Capital: Billy's Boudin and Cracklin

Does this place use yellow styrofoam containers? I have been on a quest to find the purveyor of boudin egg rolls since I had some back in Lafayette years and years ago.

To the OP, my favorite is Don's in Carencro. Their cracklins are the best ever, and I even have a couple cans of their KONRIKO's like seasoning at the house.

WOW!!!

No one has mention Eunice Poultry?

Easily in the same class as T-Boy's and Billy's.

Does this place use yellow styrofoam containers? I have been on a quest to find the purveyor of boudin egg rolls since I had some back in Lafayette years and years ago.

To the OP, my favorite is Don's in Carencro. Their cracklins are the best ever, and I even have a couple cans of their KONRIKO's like seasoning at the house.

Don't know where you are....But BooKoo BBQ inside of Finn McCools Irish Pub makes homemade Boudin eggrolls and he gets his boudin from the Best Stop in Scott....DELISH!!!!

WOW!!!

No one has mention Eunice Poultry?

Easily in the same class as T-Boy's and Billy's.

No one mentioned NuNu's either.

I am a Best Stop guy myself, but I REALLY like me some NuNu's.

And to the OP, if you cant tell, you need to make a stop through the Lafayette area if you want good Boudin. Most of these places have it frozen, so just load up an ice chest and cook it up when you get home.

Swing through Carencro and stop at Don's with an empty ice chest. Fill it with boudin and a bit of whatever else they in the meat case. If there is room left over and you're up for a drive to LaPlace, swing by Jacob's on Airline Hwy and top it off with andouille.

I hate all of you. There's not a decent link of sausage in this entire god**** state. These poor ******** think that Hillshire Farm is the best there is. I don't feed my dog that stuff.

Same here in Arkansas. Whenever friends up here say they are having boudin for dinner or lunch they always get it from Walmart...nastiest stuff ever!!!

I'm more of an andouille man anyways.

Oh LAWD !!! I read it as best booty in Louisiana.

Just picked up 10lbs smoked and 10 lbs regular from Best Stop on Monday. Gave 3lbs to my son's high school swim coach who is from La.. Rest is for daughter's graduation party next weekend and a fishing reunion with some old buds... That's some mighty fine eating'...(and hopefully a spot on the varsity squad..LoL)

To me nothing beats Jerry Lee's in BR and Don's is second. About every 18 months I drive from KY to get 50 lbs of Jerry Lee's.

Never liked best stop's boudin. i'll go there for cracklins every time, but for boudin i generally do billy's or don's in scott. billy's smoked boudin and the pepper jack boudin balls are delish.

biggest mistake ever was moving 1/2 mile from the 3 of them :V

Don's in Carencro (the original Don's)
Best Stop in Scott/Ossun

I had Ray's in Opelousas many, many years ago, and remember it to be real good. Going to have to take diat's suggestion and give it another try.

I've heard good things about Billy's in Scott, but I live about a mile from Don's, so never saw the need to venture out further.

To the OP, you're going to have to make a detour on your way to BR and NOLA and swing through Acadiana. It's worth it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom