Best Broadway Soundtrack (1 Viewer)

Ok, so this Broadway show arguably contains the most annoying Broadway song of all time (I think its a sweet song, but it has been lampooned over the years)...but there's a number of catchy songs in Annie. "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" probably is my favorite.

I think The Nutcracker is the only Broadway musical I've seen live.

Phantom (Emmy Rossum, wow!) and Les Mis (Samantha Barks, incredible) are guilty indulgences. As for earlier Hollywood remakes from the 1950s and 1960s, I'll rank them in order . . .

1. My Fair Lady - Began lifelong crush on Audrey Hepburn. Never went away and it never will.
2. Gigi - Same for Leslie Carron.
3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - The dancing, the music, the COLOR! Look closely and you'll see a yet-to-become famous Julie Newmar as one of the sisters.
4. Brigadoon - Cyd Charisse is gorgeous. Gene Kelly and Van Johnson spectacular. The plot is legendary.
5. Annie Get Your Gun - We all know the songs . . . Doing What Comes Naturally . . . Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better . . . Betty Hutton should be treasured.
6. Oklahoma! You'll have the song stuck in your head for weeks. No way around it.
7. A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Forum - A farce of a farce - "Everybody ought to have a maid . . ."

Evita... my jam

I think The Nutcracker is the only Broadway musical I've seen live.

Phantom (Emmy Rossum, wow!) and Les Mis (Samantha Barks, incredible) are guilty indulgences. As for earlier Hollywood remakes from the 1950s and 1960s, I'll rank them in order . . .

1. My Fair Lady - Began lifelong crush on Audrey Hepburn. Never went away and it never will.
2. Gigi - Same for Leslie Carron.
3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - The dancing, the music, the COLOR! Look closely and you'll see a yet-to-become famous Julie Newmar as one of the sisters.
4. Brigadoon - Cyd Charisse is gorgeous. Gene Kelly and Van Johnson spectacular. The plot is legendary.
5. Annie Get Your Gun - We all know the songs . . . Doing What Comes Naturally . . . Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better . . . Betty Hutton should be treasured.
6. Oklahoma! You'll have the song stuck in your head for weeks. No way around it.
7. A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Forum - A farce of a farce - "Everybody ought to have a maid . . ."

Can't lie....7 Brides for 7 Brothers in all of its misogynistic glory is a guilty pleasure for me. And delivers one of my favorite lines of all time.
"I stand with Adam"
"Well, don't stand too close"

Can't lie....7 Brides for 7 Brothers in all of its misogynistic glory is a guilty pleasure for me. And delivers one of my favorite lines of all time.
"I stand with Adam"
"Well, don't stand too close"
OMG! We totally haven't mentioned "Camelot."

You mentioned misogeny, and my mind jumped to Sir Lancelot riding in, singing "C'est Moi!" :)

My wife demands utter silence during that song, to drink in the whole dose of full-throated testosterone. :hihi:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom