Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 33 34.7%

• Total voters

Pancakes

Prepare to die
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Port O Call, and I dont think its really close. The this bacon cheese burger with a bake potato and a monsune. Cmon now.

MamaSaint

Rickey Jackson - 2010 HOF (RIP Jan)
Reaction score
We need a Five Guys and/or a Whataburger.

Five Guys is pretty darn good, but Red Robin is LOTS better. I just checked the Red Robin website; it doesn't look like there are any Red Robins in the Gulf South. Hopefully they will expand there soon.

Jan

P.S. I wish I could get a Port of Call burger & monsoon.

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I voted Port of Call because, while it may not be "officially" the best, at the time & situation I always eat them (drunkasaskunk) they taste like hamburgers sent down from Heaven above. :worthy:

Colin311

I want 5 of your years!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lee's Hamburgers with an order of Onion Rings and a Shake.

Pancakes

Prepare to die
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Five Guys is pretty darn good, but Red Robin is LOTS better. I just checked the Red Robin website; it doesn't look like there are any Red Robins in the Gulf South. Hopefully they will expand there soon.

Jan

P.S. I wish I could get a Port of Call burger & monsoon.

I have a Red Robin near my home, and it is a damn good burger. Plus I have a 2 and a half year old, and they are very kid friendly, so thats a plus. They have a burger with smoked cheddar, thin onion rings and bbq which is freakin great. 5 guys is great too. All the ingredients you can add to them are great, plus their fries are awesome.

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Times grill has some pretty really good burgers too... I dunno if they actually have made it down to the South shore though. Last time I was down I think they were planning on it.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
I have a Red Robin near my home, and it is a damn good burger. Plus I have a 2 and a half year old, and they are very kid friendly, so thats a plus. They have a burger with smoked cheddar, thin onion rings and bbq which is freakin great. 5 guys is great too. All the ingredients you can add to them are great, plus their fries are awesome.

:plus-un2:..for all of the above, including kid friendly. Not to mention, bottomless fries! :9:

MamaSaint

Reaction score
:plus-un2:..for all of the above, including kid friendly. Not to mention, bottomless fries! :9:

Love the fries! The restaurant is always crawling with kids when we go there; just adds to the charm. It's not always that you find such a kid friendly place with a good bar. They make an excellent margarita. :)

The bacon cheeseburger is the best I've ever had, bar none. Dang...I'm gonna have to talk my husband into going there next week-end.

Jan

MamaSaint

Reaction score
Red Robin is good for a chain, but it's not Bud's Broiler or Port o' Call, or other places you can get a great burger in New Orleans.

And Red Robin is expensive. We took the kids there once for lunch and it cost me about $70.

Geez...what did y'all eat? Hubby & I eat there for less than $25 everytime we go, unless I get the margarita. They have a birthday club; you get a coupon for a free burger on your birthday. I will be having a bacon cheeseburger for my birthday. :9:

And I WISH it were equivalent to a burger in New Orleans. ;) Some of us are not so lucky. We are stuck on the east coast where they put vinegar on pulled pork and call it bar-b-que.

Jan

Saint 7Star Magic

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ground Pati Jr. on the corner of W. Esplanade and Causeway in Metry is obviously the winnner. Unlike the wretched Ground Pati Senior,you will have your food in less than 5 minutes.

daybreaker

STH since 2006
Reaction score
I've been thinking about opening a hot dog stand because we don't have any good ones here in NO

Easy Dog on the West bank... They have a Hot Dog with Red Beans and Rice on it... AWESOME!

Redlands Saints

killing threads daily
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
we went to port o call when we we're in town for the home opener, yes some of us out of towner's actually use yall's recommendations. I thought it was a very good burger but my daughter thought the burger she had at the embers on bourbon was better. what the heck does she know... we had a great time at port o call. there were some very nice young men with the La. guard in there paying a lot of attention to my daughter, I think both were enjoying the attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom