• Port of Call

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 33 34.7%

• Total voters

DomePatrol1980

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Oscar's and Port of Call are great. If I'm in a hurry, Bud's Broiler! #4 with chili, baby!

Edit: You're right Batman3428. I completely forgot about Ruby Red's! When my grandparents lived in the Marigny when i was a kid, we used to go there a lot. It was great! I would have a stack of peanut shells next to me by the end of the night.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i'm almost thinking that you were brought up like me..back in the early 70's a big mac was a treat and i became addicted..

i rode my bike up the road and around the block with my lawn mowing funds back then..thinking they were about 50 cents or so ..

get one,then bring it out to your bike..then think..OK...one more

man i did it all of the time back then....good fries too there.

i guess "us" Big Mac" eaters are a dying breed of cat

i still love them and have still sat in my local mcDonalds at post 10..near 11,just waiting when they would start the lunch menu...

i still think the Big Mac..is the best in fast food chain hamburgering. its not laced with a basket,you dont have to pay a server..boom...get off the drive through window and eat!

I love it!

Bum Bum Bum Bum Bummmmmmmmm, I'm loving it! :hihi:

helofixer

Schlägertruppen
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is a Ruby Reds on the westbank in a strip mall at the intersection of Manhattan and Lapalco. Peanuts on the floor, menu on the wall. Not the biggest burger, but its damn good.

Lakeview Harbor on Harrison has a good burger as well.

Cheeburger Cheeburger in Baton Rouge is great as well. Wish they would open one locally.

Swamp Burger at the Swamp Room gets my vote.

CAVALIER

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
My Mamma's....Gentilly style ya erd me!!!

I love Times on the Northshore.....

OP
DomePatrol2005

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
have all the voters tried yo mama's? for some reason i know alot of locals who havent. Im furious with the results of this poll. lol :rant:

St. Ouachita

Sink or swim
Reaction score
Thin: Frostop on Claiborne, in the shadow of Tulane's Turchin Stadium.
Thick: Clover Grill, not even close.
Ruby Red's: Wow - in the current Dragon's Den, right?

Mauer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This thread made me go to Bud's Broiler for lunch, #4 with sauce, cheese and onions. It's been 6 hours since, and I'm still tasting it with every belch....nice!

This thread made me go to Phils Grill for the first time at lunch, that was a good burger.

Reaction score
Bottom Line (or Swamp Room... or Beachcorner) same owners...

Anybody remember the Tucker's Tavern burgers??? Deep Fried and Stuffed... Heart Attack on a Bun!

Tucker's is still around on Magazine (???).

Yeah those burgers are great, but, never go there on a date or with your significant other. The burgers are so sloppy, big and disgusting when you eat them that your girl will give you the stink eye...guaranteed.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ground Pati Jr. on the corner of W. Esplanade and Causeway in Metry is obviously the winnner. Unlike the wretched Ground Pati Senior,you will have your food in less than 5 minutes.

For some reason the thought of this place just popped into my head, though I haven’t thought of it in at least a decade…. There was a brief time period in the late 90s when i was working in the Quarters but living with the folks in Mandehood.. id get off work around 11pm and , about once a week, before i crossed the Bridge- id grab a burger to go from there.. i dont say this lightly, but it might be the best burger ive ever had, or at least was at that time.. mayeb it was the hunger id built up after a long shift, or maybe it really was that good.. it had this unique combination of chargrilled taste combined with whatever really good cheese they used.. Alas it ’aint dere no meaux.

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For some reason the thought of this place just popped into my head, though I haven’t thought of it in at least a decade…. There was a brief time period in the late 90s when i was working in the Quarters but living with the folks in Mandehood.. id get off work around 11pm and , about once a week, before i crossed the Bridge- id grab a burger to go from there.. i dont say this lightly, but it might be the best burger ive ever had, or at least was at that time.. mayeb it was the hunger id built up after a log shift, or maybe it really was that good.. it had this unique combination of chargrilled taste combined with whatever really good cheese they used.. Alas it ’aint dere no meaux.
I’d said this in another burger thread, but Skooters in Madisonville is my new favorite

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom