• Port of Call

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 33 34.7%

• Total voters

DomePatrol2005

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I hear people say all the time that Port of Call has the best burgers. I strongly disagree. Yo Mama's for sure. Thoughts?

Camelia Grill: bacon cheeseburger with grilled onions > port of call, yo mama's

POC was my favorite for 20 years. Last two times I've gone, it was so bad I won't be back. Now that I live in Texas, when I'm in NO the last thing I'm thinking about is a hamburger. I'll throw my vote to Bud's Broiler for old times sake.

Voted for Yo Mama's, with Phil's Grill at #2, and Port of Call at #3

Its on Severn near Breaux Mart across from the JC Penny at Lakeside Mall.

I've been thinking about opening a hot dog stand because we don't have any good ones here in NO, but I'm afraid I'd starve if I ever tried to open a burger joint because I like them smashed-down flat on the grill like they used to make them in Texas when I was growing up. NO is thick burger country and although Port O Call makes a good one, I still prefer those old fashioned Texas style thin patties.

Port O Call isn't bad, but it isn't the best and it's way overpriced ($12?!?!?!). I haven't been in N.O. long enough to have sampled all of the good places, but I've always thought that Zea's had a great cheeseburger.

The Bulldog has a pretty good burger, so does the Red Eye Grill. I was a little dissappointed in Port O' Call the last time we ate there, their burgers have shrunk in size, however, their prices went up. As for as an every day burger, Bud's Broiler is still my favorite, a #4 with sauce, cheese and onions is the best. Phill's Grill is very good, as well, they have a burger that's ground meat and hot sausage mixed together, pretty damn tastee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom