Best burgers in New Orleans

• Yo Mama's

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Port of Call

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 33 34.7%

• Total voters
Ground Pati Jr. on the corner of W. Esplanade and Causeway in Metry is obviously the winnner. Unlike the wretched Ground Pati Senior,you will have your food in less than 5 minutes.

For some reason the thought of this place just popped into my head, though I haven’t thought of it in at least a decade…. There was a brief time period in the late 90s when i was working in the Quarters but living with the folks in Mandehood.. id get off work around 11pm and , about once a week, before i crossed the Bridge- id grab a burger to go from there.. i dont say this lightly, but it might be the best burger ive ever had, or at least was at that time.. mayeb it was the hunger id built up after a long shift, or maybe it really was that good.. it had this unique combination of chargrilled taste combined with whatever really good cheese they used.. Alas it ’aint dere no meaux.

Last edited:
For some reason the thought of this place just popped into my head, though I haven’t thought of it in at least a decade…. There was a brief time period in the late 90s when i was working in the Quarters but living with the folks in Mandehood.. id get off work around 11pm and , about once a week, before i crossed the Bridge- id grab a burger to go from there.. i dont say this lightly, but it might be the best burger ive ever had, or at least was at that time.. mayeb it was the hunger id built up after a log shift, or maybe it really was that good.. it had this unique combination of chargrilled taste combined with whatever really good cheese they used.. Alas it ’aint dere no meaux.
I’d said this in another burger thread, but Skooters in Madisonville is my new favorite

I really liked both places in New Orleans. I think Port O Call gets the nod, due to the patty its self, and then the baked potato. Yo Mama's wins for overall styling. They always had some unique burgers. It's one of those questions where I want to answer, "Yes".

I can't recall if the Three Legged Dog had a burger option (probably did), but man I liked their chicken sandwich.

However, now that it's over a decade later, and I'm in south Florida... I like Burger Fi (a chain, but good burgers). And I used to like Burgers and Beer in Miami, but I haven't been in a long time.

Also, the Shuck n Dive (Ft. Lauderdale Saints bar), has good burgers. I like the black and blue burger.

I really miss Bulls Corner. I have probably said this in every burger thread but Port of Call is just overrated.

Ah, the old kitchen sink burger. I ate a few of those when I was in my tweens and teens (1977-80), always good, I loved that place.

Port of Call used to be the standard but I haven't been in probably 15 years or so...Camelia grill and Ruby Reds were pretty good back in the day....And I have a soft spot sentimentally for Ground Pati, went a few years ago with my boys and it was pretty darn good....

Desi Vega's burger place in Elmwood is a pretty good burger joint....it's probably a little pricey but worth it, imo

Any other good burger recommendations besides the two in the pole?

Fharmacy on Banks.

Never been to Fharmacy, but I haven't had anything close to as good as Company Burger. When I want a burger that I don't make myself I will drive across town for it.

Fharmacy on Banks.

Just looked it up, holy smokes that looks good, but my people aren't Fhancy, so I'd have to go for lunch by myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom