Best Collection of Offensive Threats in the NFL (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Seeing our guys Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara produce at the highest level every game its hard to argue that they aren’t the best at their position this season. But when you think of an entire body of weapons for a quarterback to work with (Runningback, tight end, wide receiver) who has the best collection in the NFL?

Saints- Kamara/Ingram/Thomas
KC- Hill/Kelcie/Hunt/Watson
LA Rams- Gurley/Cooks/Cupp/Woods
Cincy- Mixon/Green/Boyd

That is a tough question. I’ll take off my homer hat for a few seconds and say that out of that list, it isn’t us. Tie between the Rams and Chiefs and I don’t know how to break it.
Having said that, I love our guys; I just wish we had one or two more to add to our mix.

That is a tough question. I’ll take off my homer hat for a few seconds and say that out of that list, it isn’t us. Tie between the Rams and Chiefs and I don’t know how to break it.
Having said that, I love our guys; I just wish we had one or two more to add to our mix.

I’m not saying that Ben Watson isn’t a threat, but he has never really been considered an offensive threat.

If Smith develops, or if Meriden learns how to catch the ball, maybe we move up the list, but I am like you in thinking we are 3rd best.

So why would you include Woods for the Rams and Watkins for the Chiefs, but leave off Ginn for the Saints?

So why would you include Woods for the Rams and Watkins for the Chiefs, but leave off Ginn for the Saints?

I could leave off Watkins for the Chiefs (if I am leaving off Ginn), but Woods is producing better than Ginn.

Where do you think we stack up?

I could leave off Watkins for the Chiefs (if I am leaving off Ginn), but Woods is producing better than Ginn.

Where do you think we stack up?

You mean Woods is producing better than Ginn through the first 4 games of the 2018 season? Because career wise, I'm taking Ginn on my squad over Woods. Not Ginn's fault his QB missed him streaking past the defense twice already. No replacement for elite speed even at his age.

Then, are you just riding the current flavor of the month or really just looking at individual weapons? If not, then you left off...

Theilen/Diggs/Rudolph/Cook
OBJ/Sheppard/Barkley/Engram
Falcons big guns

My opinion is too early to tell. Can the Rams play a halfway decent team on the road first?

You mean Woods is producing better than Ginn through the first 4 games of the 2018 season? Because career wise, I'm taking Ginn on my squad over Woods. Not Ginn's fault his QB missed him streaking past the defense twice already. No replacement for elite speed even at his age.

Then, are you just riding the current flavor of the month or really just looking at individual weapons? If not, then you left off...

Theilen/Diggs/Rudolph/Cook
OBJ/Sheppard/Barkley/Engram
Falcons big guns

My opinion is too early to tell. Can the Rams play a halfway decent team on the road first?
I’m going by today’s production. This is a what have you done for me lately type of league.

Good point about the Giants, Vikings, and Falcons. Reading those names it makes the case for us having the best collection of offensive weapons harder.

it's hard to rate/rank but i feel pretty sure that if Kelce was on the Saints we would be unstoppable

i'd say we're 3rd behind KC & Rams
but i think when more tape is seen for Mahomes and Goff and either Meredith/TQS emerge as a 3rd down threat and THill gets more integral in the scheme, we'll probably be at the top

it's hard to rate/rank but i feel pretty sure that if Kelce was on the Saints we would be unstoppable

but i think when more tape is seen for Mahomes and Goff and either Meredith/TQS emerge as a 3rd down threat and THill gets more integral in the scheme, we'll probably be at the top

Of course. And I don’t want people to confuse “Best Collection of Offensive Threats” with “Best Offense”. Those are two separate titles, much like the OPOY and DPOY are not the same as the MVP. Two separate titles.

If the saints had Kelce we would have the best offense in the history of the nfl

Watching the KC game last night gave me TE envy. It's really what the offense is missing to be able to score at will.

Watching the KC game last night gave me TE envy. It's really what the offense is missing to be able to score at will.

I’m glad that we were at least able to experience it for a little while at least .

When TQS breaks out we will be right up there with the best of them. And I also feel you sold some other teams short. It is crazy to see the amount of weapons teams have now days. Maybe defense aren't that bad, maybe these offenses are just that good.

I'm pretty sure none of those other teams have a player like Taysom Hill. No, he doesn't have the production to make a list of obvious choices, but he gives the Saints offense additional dimensions. By the time the end of the season and playoffs roll around, there are very good defenses out there that can stop conventional offense. But what the Saints do with Hill gives us an ability to make key first downs when we are otherwise struggling against a very good defense. This is going to matter down the stretch, I'm convinced.

View: https://twitter.com/eflynt/status/1046548456628785152

Atlanta has quite the collection of offensive talent as well.

One would think right now that the Rams need to be at the top. Then KC. Then NO/ATL. A few other teams pretty close.

If we're talkin QB/WR/RB, I'm taking NO and not looking back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom