Best college baseball team in LA. '08 (1 Viewer)

Best college baseball team in LA. '08 edition

• LSU

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Southern

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Tulane

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • UL-Hammond

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • UL-Lafayette

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • UNO

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters

You must be feeling real good about snapping that 5 game losing streak by throwing 8 pitchers during a "meaningless" (word used by lsu fans during the 90's) mid-week home game (where only 3,000 fans up, about 500 of those were rooting for the other team). A game in which lsu was outplayed in all but a 4-batter stretch in the 6th inning.

We'll see how many "bumps" there are on April 22nd and after regional play at the end of May.

You must be feeling real good about snapping that 5 game losing streak by throwing 8 pitchers during a "meaningless" (word used by lsu fans during the 90's) mid-week home game (where only 3,000 fans up, about 500 of those were rooting for the other team). A game in which lsu was outplayed in all but a 4-batter stretch in the 6th inning.

Oh I missed that one. What was the final score?

A little less than 1/2 way through the regular season and nobody has yet to stake a legitimate claim to best in state except for possibly UL-Monroe.

Intra-state records as of today:

LSU 3-2
TU 4-3
UL-Hammond 3-4
UL-Lafayette 3-1
UL-Monroe 6-1
UNO 3-3

Personally, I'd have to give the edge to UNO right now. If they could get some consistent pitching, they could make some serious noise in post-season play. Tulane has had great defense and hitting is picking up. The bullpen has to be the biggest concern and RD's tendency to leave pitchers in too long. The next couple months should be pretty fun with the weather getting warmer and conference play starting up.

A little less than 1/2 way through the regular season and nobody has yet to stake a legitimate claim to best in state except for possibly UL-Monroe.

Intra-state records as of today:

LSU 3-2
TU 4-3
UL-Hammond 3-4
UL-Lafayette 3-1
UL-Monroe 6-1
UNO 3-3

Personally, I'd have to give the edge to UNO right now. If they could get some consistent pitching, they could make some serious noise in post-season play. Tulane has had great defense and hitting is picking up. The bullpen has to be the biggest concern and RD's tendency to leave pitchers in too long. The next couple months should be pretty fun with the weather getting warmer and conference play starting up.

How could you say UNO. Of UNO's 3 losses, all of them are from a sweep by ULM. ULM is ULL's only loss. ULM is scoring 15 runs per game right now. I would be willing to say ULM would beat anyone in the state right now. GO WARHAWKS!!!

Brutal stretch for LSU the last 3 weeks with games against UNO and Tulane on the in state side and 3 straight series against teams ranked in the top 20, Ole Miss, Georgia and South Carolina.

1 loss to UNO (again, sigh)
1 win against Tulane ( I am for Tulane or LSU when they play and have no real preference)

LSU played each SEC series tough and could have come out on top against Ole Miss and Georgia with more than 1 win and a tie. Sweeping South Carolina put this team over the top imho of any team in state.

LSU gets to play ULL this week and I hope they smash them. It's been since that 2000 regional since we have seen ULL and their arrogant selves.

Ohh, I actually voted for ULL this year but they apparently suck which does not hurt my feelings at all.

With LSU's latest sweep, they seem to be playing better and starting to come together at the right time of the year. As varanook mentioned, we played UGA pretty tough, despite the final outcome. And UGA is the best team in the SEC.

What's everyone's predictions for the rest of the year? Is the program going in the right direction?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom