Best college baseball team in LA. '08 (1 Viewer)

Best college baseball team in LA. '08 edition

• LSU

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Southern

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Tulane

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • UL-Hammond

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • UL-Lafayette

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • UNO

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
LSU is the best still right now according to RPI and the polls even though UNO has beaten them twice and has another shot next week.

1 poll has LSU, UNO and Tulane in the top 25

2 longest winning streaks in the country play Tuesday at 7 PM in the Wally Pontiff classic.
LSU at 12 games
UNO at 13 games

And the Cajuns sweep UNO :hihi:. The college baseball world can be funny.

LSU is clearly ahead of all other LA teams and will host a regional.
Before this weekend, I thought UNO was a clear #2 but I think they have fallen into the bunch with UL-M, UL-L and Tulane.

LSU's LH hitters have come on when it counts to give them their streak. Tulane lacks clutch hitting and pitching. When they've needed a bit hit or a big out, they have failed in nearly every opportunity. I think TU will be the 3 seed in BR if they can win at least 2 games in their conference tourney. UL-L, UNO and UL-M all need to win their respective tourneys to get into a regional. UNO was a lock before this weekend but probably should get a bid if they get to the conference final game. I think UNO has the best chance of pulling an upset in a regional unless they get put in with Rice or Miami.

Tulnae was looking pretty weak until getting those 2 runs today against Central Florida.

Free internet streaming broadcast is pretty cool.

Well I think we have a clear winner now. Yet another great comeback today for LSU and now we are not only one win away from an SEC Tournament Championship, but we are also on the verge of breaking our all time longest win streak.

20 in a row, pretty sure LSU is the best in La right now bu the season restarts next week and I hope Tulane and UNO both get a chance to play in a regional. Just prefer it not be at Alex Box.

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with my vote from the start. Call me a :homer:, but we were the best this year.

HAHA worst thread ever! This season played out almost just as I expected and called it! We came on even stronger than I ever imagined with that win streak, but I didn't think it would take as long to heat up, so it all evened out! #1 recruiting class in america just needed time to gel and improve...

scary part is... pretty much everyone is coming back next year and tons of hot new recruits! wooooooooo! Talk about a great team to start off the NEW Alex Box! Woooooooo!!!

Geaux Tigers!!!

hey all you LSU haters out there.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Suck it. We need to go back through this thread and start making everyone eat crow one by one!

LSU = best team in Louisiana!
LSU = best team in SEC?
LSU = best team IN THE COUNTRY???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom