Best college baseball team in LA. '08 (1 Viewer)

Best college baseball team in LA. '08 edition

• LSU

Votes: 41 42.3%
  • Southern

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Tulane

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • UL-Hammond

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • UL-Lafayette

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • UNO

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
SLU plays Tulane tom. They also play ULL on 3/5 and LSU on 3/11. This is about the best sport that they can be the most competitive in vs. the larger Louisiana programs.

I voted for Tulane in the poll.

Go Lions

I heard somewhere that Tulane's program took a step back due to Katrina... And that they were a little down this year. Anyone follow Tulane baseball? I honestly couldn't tell you what the other programs can do this year, shoot opening weekend was just last weekend.

LSU probably is down the list at the moment, but we did sign the #1 recruiting class in the country last year based on players that step on campus, so I don't think it's inconceivable that LSU finishes as the best team in LA, if not second best depending on pitching.

My cousin is a starting pitcher for Tulane (Robby Broach - freshman) and won his first game yesterday.

RJ commended Robbie on his radio show today. Five quality innings on Sunday. Did he give Amanda Shaw his autograph?

I wasn't at the game. I'm usually out of town on business every Sunday. But hopefully I'll be able to make it out there on Easter Sunday (he's the Sunday starter).

Tulane narrowly edges UL. I think I'm going to like the 1-2-3 of Shooter-Loup-Broach. It would also be nice to see McFadden get back to freshman form. Looking forward to seeing what we get out of these transfers. I think getting back to Turchin should help them out with the longball this year. It was a little harder to play for the homerun at Zephyr Field.

Last edited:
I heard somewhere that Tulane's program took a step back due to Katrina... And that they were a little down this year. Anyone follow Tulane baseball? I honestly couldn't tell you what the other programs can do this year, shoot opening weekend was just last weekend.

I'm not so sure that you can call it a step back really. The '05 Tulane team was one of the best I've seen. Almost unstoppable through the regular season. The 'step back' was more just losing some of those stellar upperclassman like Micah Owings, Brian Bogusevic, Manzella, and others and then the next year we lost Emaus, Morgan, Latham, Hamilton, Southard, and others. It wasn't exactly a step back, the core of great players just graduated/drafted. Regardless, Tulane's on the upswing with the new crop of transfers this year.

UNO is supposed to have a pretty good squad this year.

Is there any site to check live scores from baseball games around the state. Only place I can find where people up updates, is nola.com. Last I saw SLU was up 1-0 in the 4th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom