Best First Four Games (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw on ESPN earlier today that the NFL record for the most points scored by any team in their first four games of the season is 183.

If that's true... that's insane! I would have thought that 150 points in the first month of play would have been some sort of record... but 183?!?!?

Does anyone here think (or expect) that we will challenge that record?

I'd love to see it, but that would be SICK!

Maybe a '50something-burger' tomorrow might help! :9:

Thats weird because the record TD passes for the first 3 games is supposed to be 10.
This will take some googling

Thats weird because the record TD passes for the first 3 games is supposed to be 10.
This will take some googling

Whoever has the 183 pt record must've had quite a few rushing/def/sp. teams scores. We're on pace to fall 3 points short of that record :crossfingers:

Whoever has the 183 pt record must've had quite a few rushing/def/sp. teams scores. We're on pace to fall 3 points short of that record :crossfingers:

Actually, aren't the Saints on pace to go three points OVER that? The Saints have 93 points now. Another 90 and they tie the record, though I doubt we will hang a forty-burger on the Jets. Their defense is VERY good.

Actually, aren't the Saints on pace to go three points OVER that? The Saints have 93 points now. Another 90 and they tie the record, though I doubt we will hang a forty-burger on the Jets. Their defense is VERY good.

Oh woops, I forgot we scored 45 against the Lions and not 42. 3 points over indeed :ezbill:

Looks like the NFL needs to do some updating of their record books...
Found this little tid-bit while browsing through there..

Most Touchdown Passes, Game
7 Sid Luckman, Chi. Bears vs. N.Y. Giants, Nov. 14, 1943
Adrian Burk, Philadelphia vs. Washington, Oct. 17, 1954
George Blanda, Houston vs. N.Y. Titans, Nov. 19, 1961
Y.A. Tittle, N.Y. Giants vs. Washington, Oct. 28, 1962
Joe Kapp, Minnesota vs. Baltimore, Sept. 28, 1969
6 By many players. Last time:
Tom Brady, New England vs. Miami, Oct. 21, 2007

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom