Best Grunge song ever? (1 Viewer)

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Fresh!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Though I believe Nirvana was better and more important, I would have to go with Alice in Chains-Would? I first heard it on the Singles soundtrack (great collection of songs). The ending of the song still gives me chills. Staley's vocal is incredible. What's your favorite?

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
rusty cage - soundgarden - badmotorfinger
/thread

although, johnny cash’s cover of the song is badass.

would no rain - blind melon - count as borderline grunge? if so, one of my favorite songs from the 90s.

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not picking a best grunge song ever b/c there are too many good ones to choose from, but I always felt this AIC song was so underrated...

River of Deceit is by Mad Season. This is the first song that came to my mind when I read the original post.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, these guys were less interested in their image, vs being artistic.

You can't say Nirvana or AiC were begging for the Camera like David Lee Roth.
Oh, definitely, they were expressing real feelings/emotions, mostly dark and tortured....they were very reluctant stars...you don't see much of that today....

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
if there is a better heavy rock song from the 90's than this, I haven't heard it. Just crushing.

Soundgarden - Slaves and Bulldozers

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
poison is not metal. lemmy cries.
LMAO! I saw Poison open for Def Leppard back in my high school days.....then saw Poison again as the lead act with Warrant when they "made it big". Pretty good shows, but I get your point and concur! lol

I just recently took in Queensryche at the Hard Rock in Biloxi in 2018. GREAT show, but they weren't the original band members. The original lead, Goeff Tate, split off from the group. Unfortunately, because of this, Operation Mindcrime was not played....bummer for me as I dig that tune. All in all, a great time. I'd go see them again.....one of my favorite bands.

OP
OP
UndeadSnoopy

UndeadSnoopy

Coffin Fresh!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw this on the comments of Birth Ritual and thought of your post. As much as I love the song, I couldn't help but find it hilarious.

Virtuoso80

I am Magneto
I'm Forrest Gump
You for it, runts?
She's fender grateful

I'm spud Iran
I hope to shave
Lame for the bum
Fffffity One!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom