Best low-end laptop?? (1 Viewer)

covingtondog

No freaking way...
Reaction score
I am about to start the MBA program at...sorry guys...I really am a Tigers fan...Tulane. Some...ok, most...of the the classes will be online. I need a laptop JUST for taking these courses. The minimum requirements that the university suggests are basically what a 4-year-old computer would come standard with. no gaming, no music or video downloads, just a solid wireless connection with the best speed possible for around $600.00. Of course, I'll go higher than $600.00 if there is a real reason to do so.

So, what's the best $600.00 laptop out there?

I've gotten some ads for some pretty good Dell Vostros for 499. Seems like a good deal. PM your email if you'd like me to forward the ad.

Last time I was in walmart they had a couple in the $400-500 range.

I've gotten some ads for some pretty good Dell Vostros for 499. Seems like a good deal. PM your email if you'd like me to forward the ad.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Vostro special Dell was running last week, for my wife. We may still end up doing that. The nice thing about the Vostros is that you can opt for XP loaded on them instead of Vista. And there's supposedly a lot less crapware on them as opposed to the Latitudes.

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I can always count on great advice from the tech board. It looks like I'll probably go with the Dell Vostro 1500. I get 2 gigs ram, 250 gig hard drive, and a few other bells and whistles in a $600.00 system and I just don't see anything else out there comparable. No mail-in rebates either...this is just the straight-out price.

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I can always count on great advice from the tech board. It looks like I'll probably go with the Dell Vostro 1500. I get 2 gigs ram, 250 gig hard drive, and a few other bells and whistles in a $600.00 system and I just don't see anything else out there comparable. No mail-in rebates either...this is just the straight-out price.

Good, I hope it works out for you. I may end up asking you how you like it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom