Best Mock Draft Predictor? (1 Viewer)

fwaokda

Okay, for you guys that pay attention to these off-seasons and drafts a lot, is there a guy that does a mock draft every year that is respected and consistently has a high percentage of correctness? In other words, who are the respected mock drafters? This is my first draft and so far I enjoy the speculation. I'm really looking forward to the draft this year should be very interesting. Thanks!

Does there tend to be many trades in the first round?

have u ever watched a draft before?

The tendency is that their are no tendecies, different things happening each year....

If you've ever seen someone get a mock draft 100% correct through the 1st round i'll give them a million dollars....

They actually grade all the big writer's mocks after the draft and rank them in terms of how close each player was selected to where the journalist though.
I can't remember exactly how long, but Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News has been number 1 for at least 3 years and one of them broke the record for closeness to the actual draft. This is because he has been around a while and is close to many sources at every team
He brought out his first mock draft yesterday and has us taking Leodis McKelvin
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/041208dnspomockdraft.532bcdf5.html

Mocks become useless because no one knows how each individual team has players graded nor do they know team's motives going into the draft. Most mocks seem to focus on a team's need for an upcoming season when a lot of teams draft with foresight into the future or simply go best player available. You also have teams that make off the wall reaches.

have u ever watched a draft before?

The tendency is that their are no tendecies, different things happening each year....

If you've ever seen someone get a mock draft 100% correct through the 1st round i'll give them a million dollars....

Did you not read where i said "This is my first draft..." in my first post?

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/top100mock.shtml

This site ranks the sites with a scoring over the past 3 years.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 450px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 bgColor=#ffcc00 height=25>
THR MOCK DRAFT CHAMPIONS
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2007 - Clark Judge - CBS Sportsline</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25><ADDRESS>2006 - Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News </ADDRESS><ADDRESS>2006 - Nolan Nawrocki - Pro Football Weekly</ADDRESS></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2005 - Harry Aitkens - Harry Away Draft Page</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2004 - Scott Wright - Draft Countdown</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2003 - Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2002 - The Red Zone</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/top100mock.shtml

This site ranks the sites with a scoring over the past 3 years.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 450px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 bgColor=#ffcc00 height=25>
THR MOCK DRAFT CHAMPIONS
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2007 - Clark Judge - CBS Sportsline</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25><ADDRESS>2006 - Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News </ADDRESS><ADDRESS>2006 - Nolan Nawrocki - Pro Football Weekly</ADDRESS></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2005 - Harry Aitkens - Harry Away Draft Page</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2004 - Scott Wright - Draft Countdown</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2003 - Rick Gosselin - Dallas Morning News</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#c0c0c0 height=25>2002 - The Red Zone</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The past 3 years , but they have 6 years listed!!

The only sure thing in the draft?

Back when Ditka was trying to get folks to bet him that Danny Weuffle would be there after the 1st hundred picks.

BTW, we had the 99th pick. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom