Best Nachos around town? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations, I've been going to one place in Kenner for awhile but their prices keep going up so I'm looking for good alternatives around the local area.

I no longer live in NOLA.. but i am going to do you a huge favor, and tell you to get thee to a Juan’s Flying Burrito ASAP and get you an order of the Super Nachos Grande.. ive lived in Texas and California, had all the Mexican and “TexMex” food you can imagine- the best nachos ive ever had were at Juans .. I’d usually get them to go at the MidCity location, or occasionally on Magazine .. the best thing about them is that Is that they dont use that nasty ‘queso’ stuff, they use actual cheeses, like cheddar and Monterey jack…. And it’s a gigantic portion…. Make sure you ask for extra salsa on the side.. . I will die on this hill.

I no longer live in NOLA.. but i am going to do you a huge favor, and tell you to get thee to a Juan’s Flying Burrito ASAP and get you an order of the Super Nachos Grande.. ive lived in Texas and California, had all the Mexican and “TexMex” food you can imagine- the best nachos ive ever had were at Juans .. I’d usually get them to go at the MidCity location, or occasionally on Magazine .. the best thing about them is that Is that they dont use that nasty ‘queso’ stuff, they use actual cheeses, like cheddar and Monterey jack…. And it’s a gigantic portion…. Make sure you ask for extra salsa on the side.. . I will die on this hill.

what’s wrong with queso?

I like the brisket nachos at Superior Grill,

My daughter and I split nachos a lot, and our favorite ones are at Ground Patti. The ones at Hooters are pretty good, too.

It just reminds me too much of the processed, Velveeta, American cheese crap .

As much as we disagree on JCM and Springsteen I concur here. I do like good queso but with tortilla chips only as a dip, I don’t like them on nachos. Good nachos have real melted quality cheese so the chips retain their crunch….

My recipe: chips, ground beef, shredded Mexican cheese blend, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, jalapeños

hasn’t failed me in the years I’ve been making it

Like the metaire/kenner/neworleans area.
Might be out of your way, but if you ever make it out to the West Bank, hit up La Providencia on Belle Chasse Highway across from Mel Ott Park in Gretna. I'll put up their Nachos Bravos against any place in the area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom