best nfl rivalries (1 Viewer)

saintsspurs86

there's always this year
Reaction score
Six best NFL rivalries of 2013 - NFL.com

Saints vs Falcons rated #5 best rivalry in NFL. not sure what to make of this? while it is a very much underrated rivalry, i think by those who know something, it is recognized as a pretty massive rivalry. these are 2 teams who legitimately despise each other. hell, the cities pretty much hate each other as a whole. i definitely think this outranks Patriots/Jets. that lasted for about 2 years, and that flame burned out pretty quick. it absolutely ranks higher than any of those #2 ranked rivalries. Broncos/Patriots is not a rivalry. never has been, never will be. we all know that Manning/Brady is an huge rivalry, but as far as teams go, Broncos/Patriots is not even close to a rivalry. neither is Ravens/Broncos. where the hell did that even come from?? they played each other once in the AFC Championship, now suddenly its a rivalry?? huh?? by that count, 49ers/Falcons is a rivalry. Saints/Vikings is a rivalry. i really dont get this being ranked #2 because of one game. i definitely think Saints/Falcons deserves at least a #3 ranking, maybe even #2.

the saddest thing about this thread, i just realized, is that i just typed out this much of an opinion about a bunch of hypothetical rivalries...... there really is NOTHING to talk about right now....... damn August needs to hurry up and get here!!

This is a case of Big City markets having bias on NFL Networks opinions. We have seen this before and we should be used to it by now. The fact that Saints/falcons are even mentions is surprising. But this is a list for only the 2013's top rivalry games so I can see why they chose what they did.

As for the Saints, I would include:
Saints vs 9ers - payback time for NFCC los and excessive bad sportsmanship
Saints vs sheetcago - payback time for NFCC loss and excessive bad sportsmanship
Saints vs falcons - eternal payback
Saints vs Seahawks - payback time for bad playoff loss

Every year it's the same thing... they make rankings based solely on what happened the year prior, and then they sprinkle in a bit of constant tendencies of two or three years before. That's why I'm probably going to be sick of hearing, very soon, about how San Fran and Seattle are going to dominate and be 1 and 1A in Superbowl contention.

It's not so much of a rivalry if we win pretty much everytime. That's why it's rated so low.

It's not so much of a rivalry if we win pretty much everytime. That's why it's rated so low.
I can't wait till we surpass them in all-time head to head wins. They currently lead 47-41. So close, yet so far away. This is all they have on us. It's what they bring up when their trophy case is mentioned, that and how our Lombardi is "tainted" because of the BS-gate nonsense. If our Lombardi is tainted, I'll take another 5 just like it.

10252517-large.jpg

2t is completely stupid. The rest is mostly on point, though I disagree with the order.

Here's 10 legit ones - trying to combine historical and current importance, here's how I would rank them. (a few are between terrible teams, but they hate each other)

1. Bears/Packers
2. Ravens/Steelers
3. Saints/Falcons
4. 49ers/Seabirds.
5. Pats/Jets
6. Giants/Eagles
7. Cowboys/Redskins
8. Chargers/Broncos
9. Raiders/Chiefs
10. Packers/Vikings

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom