N/S Best Non Saints SB You Ever Watched? (1 Viewer)

Saintsfan8989

SaintSational
Reaction score
SB 44 was great for us. But, it wasn't a "Greatest SB ever" type game.

These answers may vary depending on age
( I am 29). For my money, it was SB 43 between the Cards & Steelers. You had the 100 yard return by Harrison. Arizona storming back with two Fitzgerald TD's. Then, you had Pittsburgh going down the field and scoring the winning TD with 35 seconds left. That game had it all. Drama, back and forth, and a great overall game. A close second is that crazy SB between the Panthers & Pats. I think it was scoreless u till a few minutes left I the half. Then, the game was crazy offense. Carolina tied it with 1:10 left. Then Kasey booted it out of bounds.

I wanted to put SB 49. But besides the Kearse miracle catch, there was only one team scoring from about the middle of the third quarter on. SB 42 had the biggest upset. Yet, that was a " Meh" game until about 3 minutes left. Just my opinion of course.

What are yours? Why?

I agree with the steelers and cards..... had its ups and downs.... when fitz took off on that slant i thought it was over

Idk. Porter’s pick 6, Ambush. Colts were driving to tie the game when Porter brought it home for us. So to me, even if I was not a Saints fan it was a great Super Bowl.

49ers and Bengals. But I loved the Steelers beating the boys in the 70s
I assume you mean the one that Boomer played in, and not Ken Anderson. That one was sweet with Joe Cool orchestrating that last drive like a conductor.

The 18-0 Pats losing to the Giants. Brady and the Pats had gone from plucky underdogs in their first SB to arrogant by now. I remember one of the Giants (not sure which one) predicted they would win something like 21-17. Brady was all "we're only going to score 17? Yeah, ok." They lost and only scored 14. I really didn't want them to be 19-0.

Hard to pick one. How about the game in the Dome where the upstart Patriots took down the Greatest Show on Earth, the first Super Bowl after 9/11 - that one was pretty good.

That Steelers Cardinals game was everything you could ever want in a SB. So much drama, two great QBs, and superstars making plays all over the field. It was excitement from start to finish.

I don't know why, but the Rams - Titans one where McNair and Dyson were one yard short was a game that stays in my head as an all-time favorite. The clash of styles made it such an interesting game, and the ending was very high drama.

Peyton Manning doing what he does best, choke in the playoffs.

The highest scoring offense in NFL history and they score 8 vs Seattle.

That was comedy gold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom