Best offensive player no one is talking about? (1 Viewer)

Randy S

No Jacket Required
Reaction score
Fair warning, it's an ESPN Insider link and I don't have Insider access, but it's nice to see two Saints mentioned in the teaser.

John Clayton, senior NFL writer: Brandin Cooks, WR, Saints. Remember: Cooks plays in an offense that can gain 5,000 yards through the air. He will easily exceed his 1,138 receiving yards from last season.

Mike Sando, senior NFL writer: Terron Armstead, LT, Saints. Armstead is one of the more talented left tackles, but ESPN had him as only the 21st-rated offensive lineman in its recent #NFLRank project. Armstead did not crack the top 100 overall. He's better than that already and should emerge as a top-tier left tackle (health permitting) in 2016.

article link

Also hard to talk about Armstead since he's been nursing injury most of the offseason.

Cooks barely has been thrown to. We've got a very good arsenal of skill players this year.

All starts up front, clearly.

Terron Armstead is probably the best offensive playing in the NFL that literally no one knows about.

In principle, the article's right. Armstead is the new Roaf, in more ways than just being from Arkansas. No one "talked about" Roaf much in his prime, either. Course, we were even farther away from a championship back then compared to now.

My fantasy draft is fast approaching, and the guy I'm targeting for the Saints is Mr. Willie Snead! I think Cooks will be over-drafted based on his skills and name/status as considered the Saints #1 WR. I also think Thomas is getting a bunch of hype as a rookie sensation, and that may or may not pan-out.

Meanwhile, Snead has displayed a rapport with Drew Brees, and it looks like (to me) that Snead is the WR that Drew trusts the most. I will not be surprised if Willie's numbers are better than Cooks' at the end of the season.

I have also been impressed with Spiller. If he stays healthy, and something were to happen, I don't think Hightower would be the guy again this year. Spiller looks primed to be a key part of this offense this season, even if everyone stays healthy.

Snead though - I got a really good feeling about Willie Snead.

Spiller just looks so much faster in live action than last year. I think this year he steps up to the plate

Spiller just looks so much faster in live action than last year. I think this year he steps up to the plate

The broken tackles and stiff arms stick out to me. He has already made several people miss with different moves that we did not see last year. Plus he looks faster...

The broken tackles and stiff arms stick out to me. He has already made several people miss with different moves that we did not see last year. Plus he looks faster...

Yes being at the game Fri night and seeing him play live def reassured my thoughts on him this year. No doubt about it his injury hampered his quickness and cuts last year. I'm excited to see him healthy

I'd go with Fleener and Spiller, Fleener is certainly going to get a lot of red zone targets. Watson had 20 last year.

I'd go with Fleener and Spiller, Fleener is certainly going to get a lot of red zone targets. Watson had 20 last year.

Fleener is too inconsistent with drops. I stand by my prediction that Snead emerges as the go-to WR in the red zone. D's will be watching Cooks and Fleener close... As well as the big physical Thomas..... That's when Slick Willie Snead slides in for the TD reception. 👍

I don't know, the targets last year for Ben, Hill, and Hooman were 19,11,and 6. The year before that it was Graham 23, Hill 6, Watson 5. So, a lot of targets really over the last 5 years have been tight end heavy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom