Best offseason pickup through Week 2? (1 Viewer)

kade_l

3rd Generation Fan
Reaction score
Through week 2 who has been the best pickup this offseason so far. I think Sharper has been a monster so far with the picks and the TD. Evans has also been a tremendous pickup in my opinion also. Give your opinion and why.

K i'll elaborate a little more. Offseason means this offseason, FA, trade, or draft. If they played last year it doesn't count.

Last edited:
Ummmm not too sure if we picked up Bell this offseason or if he was just deep into the roster before, but if we picked him up then:

1) Bell
2) Sharper

We had Bell on the roster last season... we picked him up during the season, later on. I forget exactly which week it was.

Sharper and his 3 interceptions (tied for the league lead) is the best so far.

I agree with Sharper, Bell, and Jabari Greer. Let me throw out another name here: Morestead.

I know a punter/kicker plays only very sparingly; but the guy has done a very good job (at least in Week 2) of giving the opposition a long field. That's very important, and very underrated. I am very sure our defense appreciates this a lot.

If he can keep this up, trading up to get him will prove to have been a very good move by Mickey Loomis.

Seven have made significant contributions in the first two weeks (IMHO):

Jenkins, Malcolm
Prioleau, Pierson
Greer, Jabari
Sharper, Darren
Evans, Heath
Hargrove, Anthony
Morstead, Thomas

It's hard for me to single out one because each have made plays that affected the game, but I'll go with Mortead... The opponents' field position is a defense's best friend, and Morstead has definitely delivered on both punts and kickoffs.

1) Jabari Greer
2) Darren Sharper
3) Anthony Hargrove
4) Mike Bell

I think it's still a little debatable whether the vast improvement in the run game is exclusively due to Bell. I think the offensive line is really playing exceptional in the run game right now and that the offense as a whole has opposing defenses so on their heels. I'd like to see how Pierre Thomas looks in what has thus far been exclusively Mike Bell situations.

This isn't to dog Mike Bell, who has played great for us, but he's been running free an awful lot because of linebackers chasing after the play-action and defensive lines literally getting blown off the LOS.

Man, it's a hard decision but Sharper has to be the best...Evans has had two Touchdowns, but Sharper has had 3 picks AND a touchdown...Greer, Hargrove and Morestead have all been pleasant surprises...

So far:

Greer
Sharper
Hargrove
Evans

The order may change in a week or 2.

Morstead was drafted, Bell was signed last season, so they shouldn't count. If they count, then I change my picks to Malcolm Jenkins and Drew Brees. :hihi:

Sharper and Greer have been really good.

Bell is running great and making great use of the cut back lanes, but was here last year, so he doesn't count technically.

Evans is a tip toeing maniac.

Not only for the INTs, but I go with Sharper. The guy is in position always and helping to keep Harper (most times) in position. A major weakness last year that I feel is the best improvement so far this year.

Hargrove should get honorable mention though.

1. Greer
2. Sharper
3. Evans

I am ranking Greer higher than Sharper only because his ability to shutdown his WR allows Sharper to play the FS how he's been playing it. If there were other not so good cover CBs back there then he'd have to worry more about covering guys as opposed to baiting QBs and getting picks. So because of this I chose Greer. Next I chose Sharper because it takes serious skill to do what he's doing and that is a combination of his physical ability and his experience. Evans adds an entire dimension to the offense that wasn't there before. It's amazing how we added such great players that compliment the team and make us better without adding that "big name" guy or breaking the bank. I only ranked FAs and not drafted players, but we got some good ones this season too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom