Best offseason pickup through Week 2? (1 Viewer)

Seven have made significant contributions in the first two weeks (IMHO):

Jenkins, Malcolm
Prioleau, Pierson
Greer, Jabari
Sharper, Darren
Evans, Heath
Hargrove, Anthony
Morstead, Thomas

It's hard for me to single out one because each have made plays that affected the game, but I'll go with Mortead... The opponents' field position is a defense's best friend, and Morstead has definitely delivered on both punts and kickoffs.

You have to give David Thomas some love as well.

Bottom line is that ALL of our offseason aquisitions have been golden.

My ranking to this point:

1.) Sharper
2.) Greer
3.) Evans
4a.) Morestead
4b.) Hargrove
5.) Thomas
6.) Jenkins
7.) Prioleau

Our 6-7 ranked FAs have probably contributed to our team more then most 2-4 ranked FA's have contributed to their respective teams.

Absolutely Golden.

Sharper and Greer are essentially 1a and 1b for me. But the attitude that Sharper brings to this D cannot really be measured by stats on the field. He has taken the role of spokesman of the D, and it suits him and the D's mentality. I don't think people consider us 'Soft' anymore :)

If we start to get more pressure with our 4 up front, this D will be legit top 5.

Maybe I'm violating the spirit of this thread but also keep in mind how young Greer is. He's going to be a secondary stalwart for years.

Maybe I'm violating the spirit of this thread but also keep in mind how young Greer is. He's going to be a secondary stalwart for years.

I was just about to say that. Greer will be around a while. Sharper is playing well but it'll only be for a year or two tops.

UMMMMM I think that we had Bell last year. I could be wrong, but I think he scored a TD against the Lions last year??? I could be wrong, but im not..

Ummmmm, we signed Mike Bell like in late November and he barely played for us last year. Certainly didn't have the offseason to integrate fully into the offense. He most definantly qualifies as a recent addition.

And I'm not wrong either.

1) Sharper
2) Greer
3) Evans

I put Sharper and Greer ahead of Evans only because it was more important to upgrade the defense than the offense, so I consider their additions to be more significant. However, I cannot stress enough how much of an upgrade Evans is over Karney. And I was a big Karney fan, but Evans has made plays that Karney could only dream of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom