Best pigskin movie ever? (1 Viewer)

What was the best football movie of all time?

• The Longest Yard (1974)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Program

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • North Dallas Forty

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Brian's Song

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Remember The Titans

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Any Given Sunday

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Friday Night Lights

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Rudy

Votes: 15 21.4%

• Total voters

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is gonna be interesting...

You forgot one...

Attachments

• waterboy.jpg
    waterboy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 128
The Replacements and Necessary Roughness didn't make the cut?!?

IMO The Longest Yard, but I always have a soft spot for M*A*S*H, which, although not a football movie (no Altman film is about any one topic), did have a substantial 20-25 minute football piece which is easily one of the all-time greats

/theirringerspottedourringersir

11357.JPG

brians song, rudy and remember the titans are my top 3 on this list....

if your going to put any given sunday on here you should have put waterboy, the new longest yard, and the replacements...

things is, all of the movies ar really not comparable due to different underlying plots....and bobby bouchet owns all of those movies

Of those mentioned, The Longest Yard. I think that Varsity Blues is a better H.S. Football movie than Friday Night Lights, but that's just me. I'm easily swayed by Ali Larter, especially when she's wearing a whip cream bikini. :)

People always seem to leave out Paper Lion, All the Right Moves, Knute Rockne - All American and Wildcats when discussing football movies.

I found Remember the Titans kind of corny. Rudy is a movie I will stop to watch at anytime, whenever it is on tv.

Necessary Roughness is fantastic (for the comedy category)

Of those mentioned, The Longest Yard. I think that Varsity Blues is a better H.S. Football movie than Friday Night Lights, but that's just me. I'm easily swayed by Ali Larter, especially when she's wearing a whip cream bikini. :)

People always seem to leave out Paper Lion, All the Right Moves, Knute Rockne - All American and Wildcats when discussing football movies.

Jim Thorpe - All American too

Remember the Titans or Rudy. Lots of good performances in both of those movies.

Doesn't mean that I don't like the others at all......They are all pretty good flicks...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom