Best Place to Watch Endymion? (1 Viewer)

Also, is there a spot where can watch Tucks, Iris, and Endymion all in one spot? That would be great.
As near to Lee circle as you can get. But only on the downtown side of Lee circle, on St. Charles.

The only way I know of to catch all three in one spot without relocating, is on St. Charles, between Lee circle and Canal St.

i would also highly recommend parking around Mardi Gras world and walking to St. Charles near Lee Circle. When all is over, it is a lot easier to jump on the bridge and head across to the West Bank and get out of the area by heading to the Huey P. Long bridge, via the West Bank expressway. This of course, is if you live west of the city. Not sure where you live, or will be staying.

As a side note. I also come from the West Bank for Bacchus, I take the Huey P. Long to the West Bank expressway and exit at O'Keefe and find a spot pretty easy, somewhere within the warehouse district, without any problem. I leave home about 730 to catch Bacchus along St. Charles, near Poydras without any issue whatsoever and am home in Metairie, about 45 mins after the last float passes. Use the West Bank to gain access to the area between St. Charles and the river. It is really awesome. Not a lot of people think about it, because they do not understand how to navigate in and out of that area, for fear of being "boxed in" with the parades rolling down St. Charles and eventually ending at the convention center. It is so easy, it is like; "is there a parade actually in the area?"

Last edited:
As near to Lee circle as you can get. But only on the downtown side of Lee circle, on St. Charles.

The only way I know of to catch all three in one spot without relocating, is on St. Charles, between Lee circle and Canal St.

i would also highly recommend parking around Mardi Gras world and walking to St. Charles near Lee Circle. When all is over, it is a lot easier to jump on the bridge and head across to the West Bank and get out of the area by heading to the Huey P. Long bridge, via the West Bank expressway. This of course, is if you live west of the city. Not sure where you live, or will be staying.

As a side note. I also come from the West Bank for Bacchus, I take the Huey P. Long to the West Bank expressway and exit at O'Keefe and find a spot pretty easy, somewhere within the warehouse district, without any problem. I leave home about 730 to catch Bacchus along St. Charles, near Poydras without any issue whatsoever and am home in Metairie, about 45 mins after the last float passes. Use the West Bank to gain access to the area between St. Charles and the river. It is really awesome. Not a lot of people think about it, because they do not understand how to navigate in and out of that area, for fear of being "boxed in" with the parades rolling down St. Charles and eventually ending at the convention center. It is so easy, it is like; "is there a parade actually in the area?"
I am coming from the Memphis area. Leaving out on Friday evening. But I'm originally from LaPlace. My mother still lives there so I'll be crashing out there. Thanks for the tips.

I am coming from the Memphis area. Leaving out on Friday evening. But I'm originally from LaPlace. My mother still lives there so I'll be crashing out there. Thanks for the tips.

Warning, at Lee Circle, Tucks passes about 2-3pm and Endymion passes around 8-9pm, If I remember correctly. That's a 5 hour window between parades at best, so have something else to do in the meantime and have someone to save your spot if so.

You can see that parade?

Heck all I ever see is the back of people on ladders!

I normally ride my bike to catch it around city park.

Warning, at Lee Circle, Tucks passes about 2-3pm and Endymion passes around 8-9pm, If I remember correctly. That's a 5 hour window between parades at best, so have something else to do in the meantime and have someone to save your spot if so.
Will it still pass on Lee Circle due to the route being changed? What can I do around the area with a nine-year old.

Will it still pass on Lee Circle due to the route being changed? What can I do around the area with a nine-year old.

With the route change there will be no Lee Circle this year.

5e261d30ddb73.image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom