Best Place to Watch Endymion? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Making my plans now to get out there. Anything not around City Park would be great.

Any tips would be appreciated. Also, I need parking suggestions, I haven't been to that parade in a long long time.

Last edited:
Well there goes my suggestion
last few times I went we caught it at the Delgado staging area
not too too crowded and able to slip away easy enough
Well there goes my suggestion
last few times I went we caught it at the Delgado staging area
not too too crowded and able to slip away easy enough

Where are we allowed to park at around Delgado?

Also, is there a spot where can watch Tucks, Iris, and Endymion all in one spot? That would be great.

I think it's $25 or $30. They fill up by about 2:30 (latest).

Is it that much now? I was thinking $20, but I don't really pay attention since we always go there.

You would have to be downtown.

The only place they all 3 pass would be a small stretch of Canal downtown or St Charles in the CBD, but that would be many many hours apart.

We used to go on Canal by the church a couple of blocks downtown of Mandina's. I think it's the Bethany Church? But they would have porto-lets in the parking lot an you could get a wristband with a church donation.

Not sure if they still do that.

We used to go on Canal by the church a couple of blocks downtown of Mandina's. I think it's the Bethany Church? But they would have porto-lets in the parking lot an you could get a wristband with a church donation.

Not sure if they still do that.

Canal as a whole is generally better now than it used to be, but the section closest to Carrollton is also a good choice if you get there early enough. I still would tend to not go to the sections closer to downtown unless you are actually downtown... if that makes sense.

When I 1st moved back to NO I lived 3 houses off of Orleans but that was when Carrollton was all dug up and Endymion was rerouted

When my first child was born we lived about 6 blocks off Orleans and I was able to walk his one month old self up to his first parade

That’s probably enough ‘guido’s proximity to Endymion ‘ news for the moment

Last edited:
Canal as a whole is generally better now than it used to be, but the section closest to Carrollton is also a good choice if you get there early enough. I still would tend to not go to the sections closer to downtown unless you are actually downtown... if that makes sense.

True dat. We always went between Carrollton and Jeff Davis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom