Best player in the NFL, Brees #4 (1 Viewer)

yardbird

Rookie
Reaction score
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/22/who-is-the-best-player-in-the-nfl-its-not-a-qb/

NFL.com ranked the five best players in the league, and put Brees #4. I actually liked the list because it wasn't just a bunch of QBs or offensive players.

I think it was well done, except I just don't understand how everyone can still be ranking Peyton Manning over Drew Brees, in this case two spots ahead of Brees, after Brees showed up him up in the big game with a Super Bowl record for completions (32). Did everyone just suddenly forget about that pick in the 4th quarter that costs the Colts everything? Give me a break!
:jpshakehead:

no offensive linemen?

i cant stand when the best players in the league are all running backs, WRs, or QBs

scoring points is not the only thing going on during a football game and just because those players take the glory, doesnt mean they are the top of the game

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/22/who-is-the-best-player-in-the-nfl-its-not-a-qb/

I think it was well done, except I just don't understand how everyone can still be ranking Peyton Manning over Drew Brees, in this case two spots ahead of Brees, after Brees showed up him up in the big game with a Super Bowl record for completions (32). Did everyone just suddenly forget about that pick in the 4th quarter that costs the Colts everything? Give me a break!
:jpshakehead:

I think these sportswriters know the truth. They watch the games just like we do. Unfortunately, none of these guys have the balls to come out and say Brees is better. Ranking any quarterback ahead of Peyton is taboo in the NFL.

I see why they do it, but I don't agree. Manning has upheld the reputation for a generation. If Brees puts up numbers like he has for another 5 years, they'll say the same about him.

Ugh, does this really need to be a video......just list them......but I watched it...

In today's NFL, I would not build a team around any of those guys except Drew and Peyton.

I love Revis and Chris Johnson, but they are not worth what they think they costs....at least not at this point in their careers.

I see why they do it, but I don't agree. Manning has upheld the reputation for a generation. If Brees puts up numbers like he has for another 5 years, they'll say the same about him.

Exactly. The last time the Colts didn't make the playoffs, Abraham Lincoln was president.

There are no GM's in the league that would take Chris Johnson or Revis over Brees.

I think the fact that Drew Brees had the #1 ranked offense(even counting the last regular season where he took it off) and the Titans had the number 12 offense this year. Baldinger is a complete idiot. Him and Jamie Dukes make me lose brain cells listening to them.

If anyone thinks 2000 rushing yards(not like he has a shabby O line either) is more important than 4500 yards, 70.6% completion, 34 TD's, 11 INT's, and a 8 TD 0 INT in the postseason does not know anything about football.

Manning really wasn't that great till 03. He was pretty much Jay Cutler until then(with a little better decision making and worse arm). Brees was better faster than Peyton he just was on a horrible system for QB's with almost no receivers and wasn't allowed to throw the ball as much as Peyton.

I think the fact that Drew Brees had the #1 ranked offense(even counting the last regular season where he took it off) and the Titans had the number 12 offense this year. Baldinger is a complete idiot. Him and Jamie Dukes make me lose brain cells listening to them.

For a 1-dimensional offense to be ranked 12th...that's not too shabby.

Drew lacks sick skills with Oreo cookies. Don't underestimate the importance of being able to extract the creamy white center of a double stuff Oreo with one swipe of the tongue.

outlickcloseup.jpg

no offensive linemen?

i cant stand when the best players in the league are all running backs, WRs, or QBs

scoring points is not the only thing going on during a football game and just because those players take the glory, doesnt mean they are the top of the game
I'm with you. Evans is clearly the best offensive guard we have and I see him as a top 10 PLAYER in the league imo. I love the fact that Drew acknowledges' this fact when he gets awards.

Payton Manning takes a vanilla offense with a bunch of no-names and no running game and consistently wins. You got to give it to him.

Manning really wasn't that great till 03. He was pretty much Jay Cutler until then(with a little better decision making and worse arm). Brees was better faster than Peyton he just was on a horrible system for QB's with almost no receivers and wasn't allowed to throw the ball as much as Peyton.

That's false.

Peyton's first year was riddled with interceptions, but after that he was a solid QB starting in 1999.

If anyone thinks 2000 rushing yards(not like he has a shabby O line either) is more important than 4500 yards, 70.6% completion, 34 TD's, 11 INT's, and a 8 TD 0 INT in the postseason does not know anything about football.

You forgot about something that Brees has that very few other players do: incredible leadership skills that elevate his teammates. Without those, I don't think this team wins the Super Bowl. C. Johnson & Revis, while they may have great on-the-field skills, seem more like a distraction to their teams with their contract demands. Besides, these guys have not excelled as long as Brees and Manning.

Quite simply, QB is the most important position on the field. I'll put Brees and Manning as # 1 and 2, regardless of which is #1 (and think Brees is #1 right now).

(Isn't it great to even be having this discussion as a Saints fan? :ezbill:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom