Best QB games of the last decade -- Brees has five of them! (1 Viewer)

Cincy Saint

The Original
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
2011 WC playoff vs. Lions --
(This was the best playoff game for any quarterback this decade.)
2019 SF
this was the best performance in a loss by a quarterback this decade.
2019 SF
Brees threw 11 passes inside the San Francisco 26-yard line. One was incomplete. One resulted in the 6-yard DPI. The other nine were complete for a total of 82 yards and four touchdowns.
2011 Vikings
this was the best game of the regular season in 2011
2013 Miami - Monday Night Football

Brady has 4, Roethlisberger 3, Rodgers 2

So who's the GOAT given this is the era of the QB? Drew Brees.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE AND STATS FROM ALL OF THE GAMES

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Did yhe 29/30 passes game from 2019 not make it? I mean it is statistically the best QB game in NFL history up to this point... j/s :shrug:
It's only considered that because he went 29 out of 30 whereas the game against the Patriots in 2009 is the best game by a QB in over 35 years based off of yards per ATTEMPT and the quality of the opponent. I've posted this article several times, https://www.si.com/more-sports/2009/12/03/brees Also, Lamar Jackson hit that number in Week 1 or 2 last year so he would be the 6th QB to have done it. 15 yards per attempt is very rare to the point that Jackson was the 6th QB to do it. 29 out of 30 is excellent as well but to me we need to consider the opponent. 2009 vs Pats was better.

Reaction score
The 2019 Niner game was incredible. Sadly as much as our D has improved....that game in a nutshell is a fairly decent summary of Brees’s career in New Orleans.

One of the best QB performances ever. Top ranked D. 6 total TDs. Just destroyed them.

HoustonSaint68

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, the old timers will appreciate this quote down in the Comment section:

”The once-legendary Gary Cuozzo, which is Italian for Kirk Cousins.”

Will Survive

Veteran Starter
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
It's only considered that because he went 29 out of 30 whereas the game against the Patriots in 2009 is the best game by a QB in over 35 years based off of yards per ATTEMPT and the quality of the opponent. I've posted this article several times, https://www.si.com/more-sports/2009/12/03/brees Also, Lamar Jackson hit that number in Week 1 or 2 last year so he would be the 6th QB to have done it. 15 yards per attempt is very rare to the point that Jackson was the 6th QB to do it. 29 out of 30 is excellent as well but to me we need to consider the opponent. 2009 vs Pats was better.
That game is second in enjoyment only to SB44. That was such an incredible beat down, the sheer joy of watching Brady & BB on the sideline just blankly staring at the scoreboard! That is the only time I have ever seen BB totally baffled and over his head. 😳😳😳

🤣🤣🤣

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
That game is second in enjoyment only to SB44. That was such an incredible beat down, the sheer joy of watching Brady & BB on the sideline just blankly staring at the scoreboard! That is the only time I have ever seen BB totally baffled and over his head. 😳😳😳

🤣🤣🤣
I've watched that game more than the Super Bowl win.

OP
Cincy Saint

Cincy Saint

The Original
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, the old timers will appreciate this quote down in the Comment section:

”The once-legendary Gary Cuozzo, which is Italian for Kirk Cousins.”
I remember being at the first Saints' home pre-season game against the Falcons. Kilmer was stinking it up and the crowd started chanting "We want Cuozzo" "We want Cuozzo". WOW!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ranking the NFL's top 10 offensive tackles: Best of the league's bodyguards Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Ranking the NFL's best wide receivers: Execs, players, coaches debate the top 10 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
A deep dive into what makes Cam Jordan one of the league’s best defenders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Ramczyk is the BEST tackle in the NFL (I agree, but this guy's analysis made me LOL) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
NFC South: Home of the NFL’s best wide receivers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas vs. Julio Jones are in a fierce battle for best NFC South receiver Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus What NFL teams best prepared to lose a QB to coronavirus? Ranking 1-32 | Saints’ Jameis Winston or Cowboys’ Andy Dalton No. 1? SR News Page Articles 0
jsberry Best Heel Turns Everything Else Board 31
Madmarsha Zombieland is the best movie ever. Change my mind Everything Else Board 57
Pelicans 2020 seeding games profile: Josh Hart Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Jack Six To Nine Games. That’s All The League Needs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
DerrickB Delay the season and shorten it to 13 games idea Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Dan in Lafayette Saints can extend dominance in Prime Time Games for 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
How many regular season games will the NFL have in 2020? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans 2020 seeding games profile: Zion Williamson Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
NFL to cut preseason in half; Saints to lose out on games vs. Rams and Dolphins Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: NFL cuts 2020 preseason in half by eliminating two games Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom