Best QB in the NFC South, per Matt Ryan... (1 Viewer)

When I was giving him my autograph a few years back, he told me that The Simmer was. HE IS A LIAR!!! lmao

Gotta believe in yourself. Physical abilities at this point? Maybe? Hall of Fame ? Notta!!

ummmm no. He is good but just a hair short of great.

Yes, Matt, you are the best. The best at throwing 5 yard outs to Tony Gonzalez. The best at waiting for Roddy White to blatantly push his defender off him, before hitting him for an amazing 7 yard gain. And yes, Matt, you are the best at panicking at a pass rush, closing your eyes, and throwing a pass somewhere in the vicinity of Julio Jones, who usually does something amazing, bailing you out and adding to your "HOF" stats.

Seriously though, Matt, you are the best. The best at blowing the biggest lead in Super Bowl history, and the best at getting planted into the turf by Shy Tuttle. Two accomplishments that will never be topped.

Ryan clearly is the best quartback in the NFC South in 2020. Brady is turning 43 in August. Drew turns 42 in January. Ryan turned 35 last month. Ten years from now, I doubt many outside Atlanta will say Ryan had a career comparable to that of Brady or Brees. But as far as a quarterback for 2020, I pick Ryan, and the choice is not close.

My only contribution to this thread is to recall the time that hysterical Atlanta Falcons fan said Matt Ryan looks like a Pilgrim.

To be fair, I would rather go back to occasionally hearing stuff like this as opposed to reasons why we need to cancel the season.

If he can stay in the south for a couple of more years, he may just be able to make it so. But by then he will be the old dude and the south will probably have at least one new young stud so probably not. He has been number 2 at least some of the time though and when he isn't he is playing like number 2.

Sorry Matt, I don't know if I'm helping.

For an entire season he’s not wrong. Both Brees and Brady have shown the last couple years that by the end of the season their arms are getting tired. Yeah I know Brees numbers blah blah blah. But on the field, his arm didn’t have it. He has to play a close structured game now. Great for numbers, but he can’t blow open a game anymore. Look what happened to the fence when Hill was in last year in the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom