Best QB in the NFC South, per Matt Ryan... (1 Viewer)

Ryan clearly is the best quartback in the NFC South in 2020. Brady is turning 43 in August. Drew turns 42 in January. Ryan turned 35 last month. Ten years from now, I doubt many outside Atlanta will say Ryan had a career comparable to that of Brady or Brees. But as far as a quarterback for 2020, I pick Ryan, and the choice is not close.

source.gif

So a Raider fan disagrees with me. I must be doing something right.

I literally don't care anymore about rankings and who places whom in what order. I just want us to win another title. I want to celebrate another Saints Super Bowl Victory. Another Lombardi. Another NFL Championship where Brees hoists the Lombardi high over his head and all of our rivals contemplate seppuku. Because I plan to be wholly insufferable if that happens.

Matt is a pretty good qb , no doubt. Although, I think his stats are somewhat inflated b/c the Falcons suck at running the football. That’s why ole poopy pants has to pass all of the time.

An easy metric is if each team consider choosing one QB that they could have for just one year, who would they choose? I suspect that Ryan would be least chosen out of Bree and Brady.

Ryan is a strong QB, but he is not on the same level as Brees and Brady. But hey, the first step to success is visualizing success. Go for it due and prove us all wrong!

----

Matt Ryan is okay.
Is he a HOFer? Prolly not.
But he’s not the best NFCS QB.

But in all seriousness, most players think they're the best. That's why you have to phrase the question, "other than yourself, who's the best qb in the NFC South?"

Ryan clearly is the best quartback in the NFC South in 2020. Brady is turning 43 in August. Drew turns 42 in January. Ryan turned 35 last month. Ten years from now, I doubt many outside Atlanta will say Ryan had a career comparable to that of Brady or Brees. But as far as a quarterback for 2020, I pick Ryan, and the choice is not close.

Lay off the drugs brother

I may have to pause to take a puff, but those who have take the strongest exception to my statement have offered responses that can be described charitably as less than substantive and fairly as flippant. The reason for my conclusion is age. Ryan is still in his prime. Brees and Brady, two historically great quarterbacks, are not. Brady's numbers dropped noticeably last year, and he is playing at an age that very few, if any, quarterbacks in the history of league have played, much less played at a high level. In age, Brees is not far behind, and though Drew last year for the most part was still playing at high level, the diminution in arm strength could be seen, and he was not the quarterback he was five years earlier.

Age. It happens to everyone. So yes, as far as which quarterback in the NFL South will perform best in 2020--which is probably a better way of stating this, rather than who is the greatest quarterback playing in the NFC South--I think the clear answer is Matt Ryan, who just turned 35, and not 43 year-old Tom Brady or soon-to-be 42 Drew Brees. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to return to planning my trip next year to Amsterdam.

Ryan is accurate enough, strong enough arm, a good leader, pretty clutch, but his best attribute is he's durable. If he wasn't quite as durable, he would have been fighting for his job his entire career.

Side note* Rob Ninkovich has Bucs going 12-4 and said Bucs will beat Saints twice :sucker:. Yeah ffin right.

20200703_152759.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom