Best safety, worst human we ever had? (1 Viewer)

Who was the safety for Hasslett that was a pretty good player but was one of Payton's first cuts. He went to another team and started but got busted the night before a playoff game (SB?) because he was caught doing a street walker in an alley.

Everybody was scratching their head when he was cut because he was one of the only good DBs on the team. Not that that puts him in the same scum league as Sharper.

Last edited:
Not Saints, but a memory I have that’s related. UNO had a club football team early 2010s. Division III++. He was doing the radio commentary. One of our fans pointed it out that we had future HOFer and ESPN analyst calling our games. Amazing how far he fell, and how much of a real life scumbag he was.

Who was the safety for Hasslett that was a pretty good player but was one of Payton's first cuts. He went to another team and started but got busted the night before a playoff game (SB?) because he was caught doing a street walker in an alley.

Everybody scratching their when he was cut because he was one of the only good DBs on the team. Not that that puts in same scum league as Sharper.
You might be thinking of Eugene Robinson who played for GB and ATL. He got busted before the ATL SB

At least Sharper was a good teammate...all indications was that Browner was a poopy teammate on top of being a terrible person.

Then again....Sharper was a serial rapist

Thanks. I got a good laugh out of that one.

Best Safety we ever had ! There is no championship without him. He had one of the best seasons by a safety all time

I don't understand the thread title. Why is there a question mark? He is without question the worst human to wear the Black & Gold. Dude was a serial rapists. If you believe in evil then I think we can all agree that he was an evil human being. And I think we can all agree that he had the greatest single season a Saints Safety has ever had. He made game changing plays look routine that season. He showed up huge in critical moments. He was named first team All Pro and he was a Pro Bowl starter. The man even received votes for defensive player of the year. Without Sharper do we win a Super Bowl that year? Who knows.

I don't understand the thread title. Why is there a question mark? He is without question the worst human to wear the Black & Gold. Dude was a serial rapists. If you believe in evil then I think we can all agree that he was an evil human being. And I think we can all agree that he had the greatest single season a Saints Safety has ever had. He made game changing plays look routine that season. He showed up huge in critical moments. He was named first team All Pro and he was a Pro Bowl starter. The man even received votes for defensive player of the year. Without Sharper do we win a Super Bowl that year? Who knows.
Sounds like you understood the title just fine. (y)

Loved the 2009 season and all the big time plays he made to help win the saints a Super Bowl. Sucks he’s an evil person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom