Best Saints Team Ever (2 Viewers)

Hear me out. I think this is the best Saints team we have seen. I am usually more of a fly by poster, so bare with me as I am out of my element here.

Owner:

Gayle Benson. While Tom Benson will always hold a place in my heart...he was the man behind the curtain who really turned things around and brought us out of the gutter. That said, since his passing can you imagine Gayle Benson being any better than she has been? I can't. This woman is amazing. It all starts up top for the Saints. She has proven to be a leader with upstanding morale character and commands respect. She certainly has mine.

Coaches:

I feel like every game we enter we have a distinct coaching advantage. Coach Payton is elevating his game and his creativity after all these years is just becoming more impressive. He is a better coach today than when we won the Superbowl. He has mastered game management. Dennis Allen is the best Coordinator/game time adjustments coach we have ever had to my memory. He plays a nice blend of coverage and blitz, seems to keep offenses off balance...and well I just don't yell at him for plays like I have in the past LOL. Darren Rizzi and crew seem to field the best Special Teams unit every week. I am coming to expect big returns, smothering coverage and blocked punts.

GMs/Front Office:

Maybe this is mostly a nod to Jeff Ireland, but holy crap have Loomis and co put together a special group of players. No terrible contracts, outstanding contributions from deep down the depth chart. Give credit where credit is due. Our scouting is really strong right now and it shows.

Offense:

We have probably the three best QBs in the division on our team. Brees is obviously a tremendous talent and person. I think Bridgewater is similar to Brees in terms of outstanding character. Hill, the same. What an amazing group.

I think our backfield is absolute fire. Kamara is a great player and awesome guy. Super unique skillset and style. Latavius showed us yesterday he could put the team on his back when his number is called. I love both of their running styles and they are both wildly impressive.

We have the best WR in the league in my opinion and I say that with more than stats to back up my stance. Mike Thomas' work ethic is infectious, and he has rubbed off on this team in a good way. He plays with the type of will and determination you dream you would if you had just one day to play in the NFL for the Saints. Behind him are team-oriented guys who come in and make big plays when you least expect.

Our starting 5 O-line is dominant and chock full of talent. Rare to find a team who can be dominant in both run and pass blocking. I think all 5 players should make the Probowl this season.

Defense:

We have what I feel is the most talented defensive line in football. Starting 4, all first rounders and they play like it. No one can block these guys on run or pass downs. They all can command double teams and they are a huge reason for our success.

I think we have the best middle LBer in the game right now in Demario Davis. I LOVE watching this guy play, he does everything well. It helps that he shines off the field in his leadership. Who knew how good of an addition he would be when we brought him in a couple years back. Wow. Our entire LBing corp is strong, and when is the last time you could say that?

Our Ohio State defensive backfield is really an incredible unit. My favorite thing about them never gets mentioned on the national columns but these guys hit HARD and tackle STRONG. They seem to really enjoy playing together, and that is a theme for the whole team, but this group really seems tight. I think Lattimore is probably the best all around Corner in the game today. I think our starters of Lattimore, Apple, Bell and Williams comprise the best starting 4 in the league. Throw in PJ and CGJ at nickel, and you have the best starting 5/6. No wink links.

Special Teams:

Even our special teams is arguably the best. Name a better punter/kicker combo than Moorestead and Lutz. I'll wait. You can't. They are elite. The young man returning kicks, Harris, has all the potential to be the best in the league and has already wowed several times. The coverage unit (minus the one play) have been smothering.

This team has legit STUDs at every level. Guys who you can argue are the best at their position in the league today. Brees, Kamara, Mike Thomas, entire O-Line, Jordan/Rankins, Davis, Lattimore, Lutz, Moorestead...truly incredible how good this team is.

Someone tell me a reason to think this is not the Greatest Saints team I have ever witnessed? Because I cannot think of one that was anywhere near this strong, top to bottom.
I love this team but if they were the best at every position they would blow everyone out. I love our secondary but NE clearly has a better one. I personally think our Dline is the best but the Niners rival us.

Hear me out. I think this is the best Saints team we have seen. I am usually more of a fly by poster, so bare with me as I am out of my element here.

Owner:

Gayle Benson. While Tom Benson will always hold a place in my heart...he was the man behind the curtain who really turned things around and brought us out of the gutter. That said, since his passing can you imagine Gayle Benson being any better than she has been? I can't. This woman is amazing. It all starts up top for the Saints. She has proven to be a leader with upstanding morale character and commands respect. She certainly has mine.

Coaches:

I feel like every game we enter we have a distinct coaching advantage. Coach Payton is elevating his game and his creativity after all these years is just becoming more impressive. He is a better coach today than when we won the Superbowl. He has mastered game management. Dennis Allen is the best Coordinator/game time adjustments coach we have ever had to my memory. He plays a nice blend of coverage and blitz, seems to keep offenses off balance...and well I just don't yell at him for plays like I have in the past LOL. Darren Rizzi and crew seem to field the best Special Teams unit every week. I am coming to expect big returns, smothering coverage and blocked punts.

GMs/Front Office:

Maybe this is mostly a nod to Jeff Ireland, but holy crap have Loomis and co put together a special group of players. No terrible contracts, outstanding contributions from deep down the depth chart. Give credit where credit is due. Our scouting is really strong right now and it shows.

Offense:

We have probably the three best QBs in the division on our team. Brees is obviously a tremendous talent and person. I think Bridgewater is similar to Brees in terms of outstanding character. Hill, the same. What an amazing group.

I think our backfield is absolute fire. Kamara is a great player and awesome guy. Super unique skillset and style. Latavius showed us yesterday he could put the team on his back when his number is called. I love both of their running styles and they are both wildly impressive.

We have the best WR in the league in my opinion and I say that with more than stats to back up my stance. Mike Thomas' work ethic is infectious, and he has rubbed off on this team in a good way. He plays with the type of will and determination you dream you would if you had just one day to play in the NFL for the Saints. Behind him are team-oriented guys who come in and make big plays when you least expect.

Our starting 5 O-line is dominant and chock full of talent. Rare to find a team who can be dominant in both run and pass blocking. I think all 5 players should make the Probowl this season.

Defense:

We have what I feel is the most talented defensive line in football. Starting 4, all first rounders and they play like it. No one can block these guys on run or pass downs. They all can command double teams and they are a huge reason for our success.

I think we have the best middle LBer in the game right now in Demario Davis. I LOVE watching this guy play, he does everything well. It helps that he shines off the field in his leadership. Who knew how good of an addition he would be when we brought him in a couple years back. Wow. Our entire LBing corp is strong, and when is the last time you could say that?

Our Ohio State defensive backfield is really an incredible unit. My favorite thing about them never gets mentioned on the national columns but these guys hit HARD and tackle STRONG. They seem to really enjoy playing together, and that is a theme for the whole team, but this group really seems tight. I think Lattimore is probably the best all around Corner in the game today. I think our starters of Lattimore, Apple, Bell and Williams comprise the best starting 4 in the league. Throw in PJ and CGJ at nickel, and you have the best starting 5/6. No wink links.

Special Teams:

Even our special teams is arguably the best. Name a better punter/kicker combo than Moorestead and Lutz. I'll wait. You can't. They are elite. The young man returning kicks, Harris, has all the potential to be the best in the league and has already wowed several times. The coverage unit (minus the one play) have been smothering.

This team has legit STUDs at every level. Guys who you can argue are the best at their position in the league today. Brees, Kamara, Mike Thomas, entire O-Line, Jordan/Rankins, Davis, Lattimore, Lutz, Moorestead...truly incredible how good this team is.

Someone tell me a reason to think this is not the Greatest Saints team I have ever witnessed? Because I cannot think of one that was anywhere near this strong, top to bottom.
2011. And its not close.

While Tom Benson will always hold a place in my heart...he was the man behind the curtain who really turned things around and brought us out of the gutter.

You guys will probably remember the details better than I do, but I remember years ago Mr. Benson making a big stink about wanting to build a new stadium. The way I remember it playing out was that negotiations went back and forth between him and Mike Foster, and I recall Mr. Benson taking a hit to his popularity for a while.

What has always struck me about all of that was that 1) Mr. Benson, even though he didn't get his new stadium, still stayed in NOLA, and that 2) after Katrina, when he really would have had a legitimate reason to leave, still stayed. Says a lot about the man.

And aren't I right that he bought the Saints to keep them in NOLA and that one primary reason he left them to Mrs. Gayle was for the same reason?

I was happy for him when we won the SB. He deserved it. I remember being angry at him during those "I want a new stadium" days, but in the end I don't think we could have asked for a better owner.

RIP Mr. Benson

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom