Best show on TV (1 Viewer)

I sat down and watched seasons 1-4 last month and I am completely over the Lost phenomenon. I don't really give a **** about any of them or that damn island. Maybe I made a mistake watching so much Lost at once.

Now, if you want to stick with JJ Abrams, Fringe is a show that has my attention.

Heroes is back on. I didn't really enjoy last season like season's past, but I like where this year seems to be headed. Sons of Anarchy rates pretty high right now, or at least is should and so should Californication. Sadly, there is no show on TV right now that's as good as Battlestar Galactica or The Shield right now. Castle is a show that's not talked about much, but I really enjoy it. Nathan Fillion really makes the show. Watching it makes me sad that Firefly was ruined by the execs at Fox. I'm looking forward to seeing Southland return as well. It's has a "Shield-like" feel to it.

Of all the shows I'm looking forward to, Dexter has to be the most anticipated. They're adding John Lithgow to the cast as Dexter's nemisis.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I can promise that it isn't on any network channel.

The Office is one of my faves, but I don't like it when any show throws pregnancy in the mix. Boooooooo. Sunny is hilarious. South Park is still awesome as hell.

I sat down and watched seasons 1-4 last month and I am completely over the Lost phenomenon. I don't really give a **** about any of them or that damn island. Maybe I made a mistake watching so much Lost at once.

Now, if you want to stick with JJ Abrams, Fringe is a show that has my attention.

Heroes is back on. I didn't really enjoy last season like season's past, but I like where this year seems to be headed. Sons of Anarchy rates pretty high right now, or at least is should and so should Californication. Sadly, there is no show on TV right now that's as good as Battlestar Galactica or The Shield right now. Castle is a show that's not talked about much, but I really enjoy it. Nathan Fillion really makes the show. Watching it makes me sad that Firefly was ruined by the execs at Fox. I'm looking forward to seeing Southland return as well. It's has a "Shield-like" feel to it.

Of all the shows I'm looking forward to, Dexter has to be the most anticipated. They're adding John Lithgow to the cast as Dexter's nemisis.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I can promise that it isn't on any network channel.

honestly, i didn't care much for season 4 of lost, but i thought season 5 was the best one yet. it felt like the show finally started moving in a specific direction and i can't wait to see how they wrap things up come the final season this winter.

i agree fringe has been pretty good so far. i think i prefer the standalone episodes on that series, this past week was great.

saints football

and venture bros

I was going to post "reruns of BSG" because TV is so full of fail.

Then I read this. Now my world it full of hope.

Chuck.

It almost got canceled, too, but ended up getting budget cuts. Give it a shot when it comes back on. It has everything...including the main star being from Louisiana.

The Office, How I Met Your Mother, and the Big Bang Theory all being close, too.

I never got into any of the Stargate series (loved the movie) but the new series that starts next week looks pretty cool.

MSUSousaphone said:
Chuck.

It almost got canceled, too, but ended up getting budget cuts. Give it a shot when it comes back on. It has everything...including the main star being from Louisiana.

Chuck is no where near the best show on television, but it's pretty good. I was wondering where it had gone. I'm glad it's coming back.

The Wire was the best show to have ever aired on television. It's not on anymore, but I still pretend that it is for discussions like this one.

So, I say The Wire.

Lost, and Office is my favorite comedy.

Also agree with Mongoose about the greatness of The Wire. I just recently finished watching all five seasons straight through on DVD and WOW, that was a great show.

Dexter, Venture Brothers, Fringe, and Big Bang Theory get honorable mentions.

The Wire was the best show to have ever aired on television. It's not on anymore, but I still pretend that it is for discussions like this one.

So, I say The Wire.

American Gothic for "best show of all time" if you're talking "shows that were canceled for no good reason." Seriously--- American Gothic hands down.

Shows that are simply no longer on the air b/c they ran their course--- MST3K- or to you non-nerds- Mystery Science Theater 3000 (twang).

Oddfunk said:

So, I say The Wire.

American Gothic for "best show of all time" if you're talking "shows that were canceled for no good reason." Seriously--- American Gothic hands down.

The Wire wasn't cancelled. It ended. An excellent quality in a show, IMO.

Curb and Always Sunny are awesome. I don't know if there are any fans of HBO's Big Love, but that show is excellent as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom