Best single play in Saints' history excluding Porter's pick-6 and Gleason's punt block (1 Viewer)

Lots of great plays.....but c’mon.

Hartley’s kick is without a doubt the answer here.

And Milne is right behind him.

But a nothing game in Jax, in a bad year, over the kick that sends us to the Super Bowl?????????

RCRelay would qualify as interesting play, unique play, funny play......but best is .......

Funny - that's exactly what my living room looked and sounded like when he made that FG!

And I was the only one in the room!!! lol

Deuce vs the Bucs. It may not have happened like this but in my head he picked up a defender and tossed him into another defender. Anybody remember that play?

Lorenzo Neal emerging from the pile and scoring a TD

Yes. YES. A million times, YES! 1993 was such a fun year for us. We had all kinds of optimism cuz Wade Wilson had beaten us with the Vikings really badly three straight years at one point so it seemed like he'd be a sure-fire upgrade and Tyrone Hughes was emerging as an absolute threat with 3 return TDs. We even got a rare win against SF too. It just blew so badly that we went 3-8 down the stretch. This was the only season that the Saints have ever been the last standing undefeated team and in typical Saints fashion we became the only team to this day to be that team and still miss the playoffs.

I'm incredibly bummed that Lorenzo's awesome emerging from the pile play is probably either lost to time or lost to the NFL's Fort Knox-like decision to make so many older pieces of footage unavailable to the fans though.

Yes. YES. A million times, YES! 1993 was such a fun year for us. We had all kinds of optimism cuz Wade Wilson had beaten us with the Vikings really badly three straight years at one point so it seemed like he'd be a sure-fire upgrade and Tyrone Hughes was emerging as an absolute threat with 3 return TDs. We even got a rare win against SF too. It just blew so badly that we went 3-8 down the stretch. This was the only season that the Saints have ever been the last standing undefeated team and in typical Saints fashion we became the only team to this day to be that team and still miss the playoffs.

I'm incredibly bummed that Lorenzo's awesome emerging from the pile play is probably either lost to time or lost to the NFL's Fort Knox-like decision to make so many older pieces of footage unavailable to the fans though.

Ummm... it’s right here.

2009 Saints vs Redskins Robert Meachem strip TD.
We were at that game. Our seats were in the nosebleeds on the opposite end of the stadium so would could see ****-all, which is par for the course in that crappy stadium. Everyone around us was like "Huh? WTF?" Then they showed the replay on the big-screen, which is how you watch most of the game at Fedex, and it was clearly a Saints TD.

As the game wound down in regulation the Saints were down by 7 and Sean Suisham had a chance to put the Redskins up by 10 with about a minute left. The field goal was a chip shot and Suisham doinked it off the goalpost to give the ball back to the Saints. You could feel the air go completely out of the Redskins team and their fans. The game is not even over and the Redskins fan next to me turns and says "Enjoy the Super Bowl, it's your year" I almost felt sorry for them :hihi:

Ima cast an honorable mention vote for an outlier--Drew running the ball in against the Falcons and making three of their defenders whiff :hihi:

Oh, and Fedex Field is by far the worst stadium I've ever been to. Fans are cool but there is no redeeming feature about that place.

I might be a little biased.... but I agree with the OP! I mean... it did win the Saints a playoff game... and stands as one of Jim Henderson’s greatest calls.

The “Meach Around” is a close runner up tho.
"There is a God after all!!" :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom