Best SNES games of all time. (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - #1 Top 100 SNES Games - IGN

Well, since we were talking about NES a while back, and it came back.. why not SNES?

Their list was...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Super Metroid
4. Final Fantasy III
5. Super Mario World
6. Street Fighter II Turbo
7. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
8. Super Mario Kart
9. Star Fox
10. Super Mario RPG

Just outside was the Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Megaman X, Final Fantasy II...

Most of that list is solid, but I don't remember Yoshi's Island being that amazing. It was interesting though. Also, while I played it a ton, I"m not sure I'd put Street Fighter II Turbo up there either. But, I did play the crap out of that game. Star Fox is another one that was good, but I would get bored with.

So, my list would be..

1. The Legend of Zelda - Hard to argue that.
2. Chrono Trigger - Fun game, loved Time Travel and various endings.
3. Final Fantasy III - I really enjoyed the story and theme songs.
3. The Secret of Mana. Actually, the very first game I got, outside of a Mario. Also loved the fact you could play with two other people, if you wanted.
4. Super Metroid - I got pretty good at that game. I could beat it in about 3 hours.
5. Mega Man X - I really enjoyed the X series.
6. Super Mario Kart - lots of fun
7. NBA Live 95 - I think we'd play this at least twice a week with the 4 player splitter.
8. Super Mario World
9. EVO: The Search for Eden - Something about that game was just fun to play over and over again.
10. Breath of Fire - That series used to be pretty good.

I will say, Super Mario RPG was fun, I did enjoy Street Figher II and Mortal Kombat, and the Kirby games were always fun. Earthworm Jim was underrated.

Looking over this list of 100, I played most of them.

What were your favorites?

my favorite single player was the donkey kong series. Multiplayer was ken griffey presents major league baseball and nba jam.

Street fighter II would just tick me off when i got to M Bison.

I didnt play SNES games as extensively as you. My brother and I would find a multiplayer we liked and would just stick with it.

Super Metroid tops the list for me and then in no particular order

Super Mario World
Street Fighter II
Donkey Kong Country
NBA Jam
Mortal Kombat II

besides the usual final fantasies, marios and zeldas, etc I'll go off script with some of my favorites,

The Legend of Mystical Ninja
Ogre Battle
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Illusion of Gaia
Actraiser
Super Smash TV
Earthbound
Secret of Evermore

besides the usual final fantasies, marios and zeldas, etc I'll go off script with some of my favorites,

The Legend of Mystical Ninja
Ogre Battle
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Illusion of Gaia
Actraiser
Super Smash TV
Earthbound
Secret of Evermore

Ogre Battle was a great game, but I ended up first playing it when it transferred to PS1.

I'm pretty sure I played Illusion of Gaia and enjoyed it. Definitely liked Actraiser, even though I think I liked making the villages more than the side scroller.

Earthbound and Secret of Evermore are very good games. I think I liked Secret of Mana better than Evermore, but it was a fun game.

Tecmo Super Bowl, can't believe it wasn't in the top 10. Well, anyways, it is my favorite SNES game.

I'm waiting for next Summer's N64 list with Ocarina of Time.

You'll be waiting a long time... after that, most of us went on the Playstation bandwagon..

But I guess, Goldeneye and Mario Kart would be on that list.. that's about it..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom