Best td catches in team history (1 Viewer)

eric martins catch against 49ers at sf's candlestick park. slant route from bobby hebert. hit by a db & ronnie lott-bounced off of them, and eluded the rest of the sf defense, i think we were at our own 16 yardline, it was 3rd and 4. i remember eric breaking some hellacious tackles. i tried to find it in the saints archives, but to no luck.

I remember an Eric Martin TD vs the Chiefs where he went for the catch, got hit and landed on his back -- then reached through his legs while on the ground and caught it

Eric Martin carrying Primetime for about 10 yards into the endzone.

It was Floyd Turner. That may have been the same game Dalton Hilliard almost beat the crap out Sanders after a cheap shot in the endzone.

Anyhow, Eric Martin's behind the back TD against the Chiefs in 1990 was pretty awesome, and his diving one-handed TD against the Eagles in '89 was impressive too.

terrance copper's hail marry vs. falcons in 06. and reggie's vs. bears in the title game that year.

Joe Horn vs. Eagles regular season '06.

Double move upfield for like 60+ yds., touchdown, and it tied the game @ 24. Payton then outcoached the crap out of Reid and we held the ball for like the final 8 min. & kicked a field goal to win it.

I was in Sect 124, (endzone) where the play was going away from, and you could tell it was TD all the way.

I always remember that game as giving us respect. Philly's defense & McNabb were pretty tough; beating them 27-24 that game then by the same score in the Divisional Playoffs really helped lay the seed for the Lombardi.

Of all the time I've spent in the 'Dome, I'll always remember that play.

God I love the Saints.

Morgan. Hands down. Followed by Michael Haynes catch where he spun a defender a full 360

Eric Martin from (Ugh!) Steve Walsh on New Year's Eve 1990- short slant that was all Martin YAC which set up Morten's game winning kick, putting us in the playoffs.

I seem to remember some sort of tipped TD catch between Lance Moore and Colston against the Ravens in 2011. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I remember it was pretty cool. We lost the game because Ray Rice ran all over us (go figure) but the catch was awesome.

I would say this is the best td catch of all time in saints history.

Memory is a little fuzzy, but I remember this catch by Keith Poole.. he was running down the left sidelines with a CB all over him... turns his head inside, sees the ball behind him, and rather than turn inside with his body, he turns to the outside. trips over the defender, the defender grabs him, and as he's falling down, sticks his left arm straight up, grabs the ball, and pulls it down.

Eric Martin made a sick one-hander vs the Eagles [iirc] on MNF. From Fourcade I think...

This is the first catch i think of. I will never forget itt. Eric Martin was triple teamed, completely surrounded by 3 Eagles, and all you could see was Martin's one hand reach up and catch the ball between all 3 of them. Best catch i ever saw. Eric Martin is still one of my all time favorites.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom