Best TD to interception ratios of all time (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Minimum 200 TD passes

1. Rodgers....... 4.00
2. Brady........... 2.85
3. Young.......... 2.17
4. Manning...... 2.15
5. Brees........... 2.12
....Rivers.......... 2.12
7. Romo........... 2.11
8. McNabb........ 2.00
9. Montana...... 1.96
10. Ryan.......... 1.94

Without looking I wouldn't think Rivers/Romo/McNabb/Ryan would be in the all time top 10.

Without looking I wouldn't think Rivers/Romo/McNabb/Ryan would be in the all time top 10.

The NFL started becoming pass happy around 2000 with the Rams "greatest show on turf" and attempting to put the kibosh on secondary with the "Ty Law rule". Expectations for QBs the league have risen since then, in that you generally don't see QBs who can't maintain an 2:1 TD to pick ratio remain as starters.

So we're talking a roughly 15 year time span. And since then, there haven't been that many legit franchise QBs. Although i was surprised that Warner wasn't on the list, his injured years really dragged him down. The other names I thought were a possibilty were Rothlisberger and Palmer, but both had several bad years that dragged down there numbers

Romo's picks were amplified because they tended to come at really inopportune times. Not to mention playing for the Cowboys and high expectations.

I wasn't surprised at Rodgers, but he prefers taking a sack rather than throwing a pick. Which is may be part of the reason he has such a poor 4QC %. (Yes, his defenses have been pretty terrible, but so have Brees')

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom