Best Way To Download Movies? (1 Viewer)

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What is the best way to download movies? I've come across a few sites that people post links of movie files to sites like filesonic, hotfile, fileserve, ect.

Is this the best way or easiest way to download movie files? Any suggestions? I have netflix and I buy previewed movies from blockbuster and plan on continuing the use of both of those because I have very limited internet bandwidth (satellite internet). Occasionally Ill go someplace where I am allowed unlimited bandwidth/internet access and would enjoy downloading a movie or two.

Any suggestions on the how to and dangers of would be appreciated.

For legit movie downloading/streaming....vudu has a great service, IMO.

Best in the business if one is interested in HQ 1080P streaming stuff. Hopefully Netflix will provide as good of a streaming service in the near future.

I followed Severum's links, and they were very informative. Positive is that it seems unlikely you will get "cuaght" doing anything. Negative is that you'll have to pay a small price.

I am not going to download 100's of movies because I have very limited bandwidth. Satellite internet is ok for most things, but not downloading movies or playing xbox or ps3 live. So I will only be able to pick my "spots" when I download-- when I visit someone with unlimited internet, or when Im in a hotel on business/vacation. For this reason, I will probably only download a handful of movies I target-- mainly a new release that I like or a movie for my kids that I do not wish paying for.

Because I won't be doing much of it, I'm not as worried about getting caught. I may be faulty in my thinking, but I provide that info because it may help you help me to know the best place to go FOR FREE that I can download a movie in either AVI (since its just one file) or a site that will automatically download all rar files for a movie at once. Some of those file sharing sites you have to download eacy rar for one movie so maybe you have to have like 4-8 different downloads, and if you're doing it free, you can only do one at a time, and only so many in a 24 hour period.

I'm really a novice at this and I'm new to it. The people I know who do it will tell me little, like it is their "secret".

Anyways, I will check out vudu, and many thanks to the other suggestions.

I wish satellite internet wasn't my only option (all the roads around mine have dsl), because we do have netflix and bluray and ps3 and xbox360, and I'd love to enjoy all the perks great internet provides for those.

Don't count on hotel connections to be fast enough to be able to download full hires movies with any kind of practicality. Streaming works fine, though.

I followed Severum's links, and they were very informative. Positive is that it seems unlikely you will get "cuaght" doing anything. Negative is that you'll have to pay a small price.

I am not going to download 100's of movies because I have very limited bandwidth. Satellite internet is ok for most things, but not downloading movies or playing xbox or ps3 live. So I will only be able to pick my "spots" when I download-- when I visit someone with unlimited internet, or when Im in a hotel on business/vacation. For this reason, I will probably only download a handful of movies I target-- mainly a new release that I like or a movie for my kids that I do not wish paying for.

Because I won't be doing much of it, I'm not as worried about getting caught. I may be faulty in my thinking, but I provide that info because it may help you help me to know the best place to go FOR FREE that I can download a movie in either AVI (since its just one file) or a site that will automatically download all rar files for a movie at once. Some of those file sharing sites you have to download eacy rar for one movie so maybe you have to have like 4-8 different downloads, and if you're doing it free, you can only do one at a time, and only so many in a 24 hour period.

Newsgroups are the only reliable answer if you want to steal movies under your connection scenario. 8-16 cents per movie (if using Astraweb's 180GB plan for Divx/Xvid) is a small price to pay for the selection, convenience, speed, and security. Astraweb + NZBMatrix + SABnzbd + nzbdStatus is an easy one click combo.

I have a feeling if there was a way to get athlete's foot downloaded for free over P2P there'd be sites and people doing it. Something about the thrill of "sticking it to the man" trumps economics or utility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom