Best Wife Ever! (1 Viewer)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Problem: Saints are 3-0 going up against the 3-0 Jets this weekend. Great Game. I might have tickets to the Game. Sunday October 4th is my 6th anniversary. My wife also happens to be like 10months pregnant. We actually went to the hospital yesterday, it was a false alarm, they sent us home.

I had already put in my mind that I was probably going to miss this game live for one reason or another... (baby, delivery, recovering wife) so the plan was to DVR and then watch when everyone was asleep (also have a 5 year old and a 1 year old)

Solution: My wife told me that my father-in-law might have some tickets for the game, field passes too (see my pics from lions game here). When she said that I died a little knowing that I most definitely could NOT go with everything going on. What does she tell me as we are leaving the hospital yesterday: "You should just go. really."

No test, just straight go and have fun... my jaw dropped. Best. Wife. Ever. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Edit: I would never ever miss the birth of my child for anything... the above will only happen if the Baby comes today or tomorrow... maybe not even tomorrow because my wife would have to go home on Sunday. Either way, I just wanted to share how great it was that she said it... and it definitely wasn't a test... I know when she's testing me, most of the time. If it was me and some friends, definitely a test, but this was her dad who offered the tickets so it is a little different. Regardless, the most important thing in my life is my wife and kids... sorry if it wasn't clear.

Last edited:
Don't do it

Don't go...women test you and see what your motives maybe...the game or your family...think about it!!!

Play it by ear, but if she hasn't popped by noon on Sunday, I would go.

Problem: Saints are 3-0 going up against the 3-0 Jets this weekend. Great Game. I might have tickets to the Game. Sunday October 4th is my 6th anniversary. My wife also happens to be like 10months pregnant. We actually went to the hospital yesterday, it was a false alarm, they sent us home.

I had already put in my mind that I was probably going to miss this game live for one reason or another... (baby, delivery, recovering wife) so the plan was to DVR and then watch when everyone was asleep (also have a 5 year old and a 1 year old)

Solution: My wife told me that my father-in-law might have some tickets for the game, field passes too (see my pics from lions game here). When she said that I died a little knowing that I most definitely could NOT go with everything going on. What does she tell me as we are leaving the hospital yesterday: "You should just go. really."

No test, just straight go and have fun... my jaw dropped. Best. Wife. Ever. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Dude that's great . . . but if she hasn't delivered yet, you really can't go. No way I miss my kid's birth for a football game, even field passes. So . . . get her on the treadmill, and make sure she's delivered by sunday!

This has "trap" written all over it. My wife would speedbag my testicles if I went to a game this close to delivery.

"honey, i've thought about it and i really feel i should be with you"
two answers possible: (she throws her arms around your neck) "oh, honey you're the best"
OR
"no really i think you should go, i WANT you to go"
if it's the 2nd you're free and clear
if it's the first then you put family first and are the bigger man because of it - either way it's win win for you

Hopefully she has the baby before Sunday.

Put a little castor oil in her food bag to make sure she has it.

Then go to the game with a clear conscience.

No offense but there is no GAME in the world that would put me in the delima for missing my childs birth. Sorry dude, she might be the best wife ever but if you're thinking about this you definitly aren't the best husband/father ever. It's a friggen game compared to possibly missing the birth of a child and being there emotionally for your wife. Not even a close decision, not even close.

It's a test.

I'd still be there for the baby if you think she's going to have it. There will be hundreds more Saints games for you to watch and only one time this child will take his/her first breath. I have only missed 1 Saints game since the late 80's and it was for the birth of my first daughter. Luckily the second one happened in the off-season.

You've had two others so you know how profound the moment is.

Haha... thanks for the responses... to clarify, we fully expect the baby to arrive before Sunday. Her doctor is a Saints fan and said that she will be in the Dome on Sunday drinking so it would also be better for her that the baby comes before Sunday too. If the baby comes on Sunday, we will have to go with the on-call doctor and OF COURSE I would miss the game. But if the baby comes before, I will follow advice, play it by ear and make my decision then.

Nice wifey gesture. But, if she really insists on you going to the game buy a DNA test kit on the way home. Ha, enjoy the family and then the Saints win on dvd.

lol, she sounds like a great wife, enjoy the game! Just keep your cell phone handy in case you have to leave to go to the hospital.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom