Best XBOX indie games? (1 Viewer)

The Unrest Cure

Compassion is the basis of morality.
Reaction score
Any XBLIG titles to recommend? I'm becoming a big fan of twin stick shooters and there are loads on the Xbox Indie Games list, most for a buck. The problem is there is too many.

I've played the Radiangames series, and they were good fun.

The Boy & a few of his cousins play something called Avatar Lazer Wars from time to time... It's a fun enough shooter... especially consider it costs 80 points.

Not 'indie', but arcade... Dungeon Defenders is worth the purchase.

I tried the trial for that game, and the trial isn't multiplayer - just you wandering around the level solo. So I guess it is one of those games you'll have to buy to try.

I have a couple other FPS indie games like End of Days: Infected vs. Mercs and Murder Miners. And Shark Attack Deathmatch, which is gorgeous for an indie game and has some unique gameplay. One of my favorite indies is actually Awesome Pirates, where you sail your ship around and shoot other ships (it is a top-down shooter).

Braid was an arcade game though.

This fella is asking about indie games.

I tried The Impossible Game. It gave me a headache. The only other one I've tried isn't a game; it's one of those dealiehicks that helps you fine tune your TV's picture.

Braid was an arcade game though.

This fella is asking about indie games.

I tried The Impossible Game. It gave me a headache. The only other one I've tried isn't a game; it's one of those dealiehicks that helps you fine tune your TV's picture.

Decent indie games are so hard to find though... We also DL'd Avatour Vegas, which is basically your avatar walking the streets of ... well, Las Vegas.

You can also drive, boat, & fly across the map.

Avatar Lazer Wars is probably the best I've seen so far... There are also a few minecraft knock-offs that The Boy & cousins play occasionally.

Braid, Limbo, and shadow complex are all fantastic.

Shadow Complex was everything I could ask for in a game. I beat that thing 4x! Check out Dust or Outland on XBox Arcade if u want a similar Metroidvania experience. As far as true "Indy", check out Gateways. Really fun. PS. Playstation Plus is where it's at for free games. XBox needs to start offering some freebies with that subscription fee....

What in D Hell is an "Indie" game?

I imagine it means different things to different people, but for the purposes of this thread I meant those games that are featured on Xbox 360 as XBLIG, or Xbox Live Indie Games.

Most of the games there are made by small firms or individuals using XNA and are sold for 80 MS points (or $1). Some are sold for a little bit more or up to 400 MS points, but 90% are 80 points. They certainly aren't AAA quality titles, but some of them have really unique gameplay. Gateways was certainly one of those, featuring "portals" in a platformer. With 2,500+ titles on XBLIG, there are certainly some gems in there (often well hidden!).

I don't have a Playstation, but what kind of "indies" do they feature? Are they all free?

PS Network had a Playstation Plus feature for $50/yr that gives u discounts on most add ons and games including indie. Not as many as XBox in the Indie department, but they also give u free retail releases. Case in point, my free "collection" includes Retro Gaming Challenge, Bioshock 2, SSFIV Tournament Edition, Darksiders, Spec Ops: The Line, Saints Row 2, Walking Dead Full Series, Megaman 9&10 all free. Pretty ****** and XBox should follow suit since they charge a subscription fee. But that'll never happen cause we'll all keep our Live anyways. I rarely have time to game much less online with people yet I still keep my gold....I randomly buy games on my 3DS store as well and they have some sweet touchscreen indies in the 1.99 range. Some are great and some are just iOS clones...I love micro transactions for some reason....

Not to hijack my thread ... but does Playstation Plus *give* you the free games for good, or only for that time period? As in can you continue to play them after the period ends?

That certainly sounds a much better deal than Xbox Live Gold, which sucks in comparison. Of course, if Star Wars First Assault shows up as an Xbox exclusive, it will be ALL worth it.

as long as you keep your Playstation Plus account active you can keep playing them...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom