Better Call Saul: The Final Season Premieres April 18 (2 Viewers)

Need to do a little digging at some point, but trying to connect the dots on the whole 86yrs sentence.

Want to say there a scene BB or BCS where Saul/Jimmy was frantically shredding docs and exclaimed “86 it” or “86 everything”which is an older expression for trash/destroy a document.

Just wondering if the 86 year sentence signaled the official end of Saul or if it was just some weird co-inky-dink.
Could be a little Easter egg.

How about this one? In our first scene introduction to Jeffie's mom In Epi. 10 we had this:

"Marion: What do we have here?
Deli counter guy: Extra sharp Wisconsin cheddar.
Marion: Extra sharp? You can keep it, Wisconsin."

Marion, being the one that was finally responsible for taking down Saul, was indeed "extra sharp".

Last edited:
annddd... bb holds its spot as best penultimate and final episodes in tv history

the last two bcs, imo, are weak like fredo
Are you saying the last two episodes of Saul were weak compared to those of BB or just weak in general? There was no way they were going to be able to top or even match the near perfection that is the ending of Breaking Bad. The last season is great but the show somehow manages to reach another level somewhere around To'hajiillee. Those last four episodes was some of the most gripping and satisfyingly storytelling I've seen. BB might not be the greatest TV show ever made but to me it definitely has the best ending.

man, we just did the BCS marathon. The last season was weird and disappointing for sure. It seemed to swerve all over the road through the middle to slow down its arrival at the destination. That whole episode with him scheming to get something over Caroll Burnetts sons head, is a true I can't get that time back moment.

Overall the series had some good (interesting) moments but it was not riveting at any point. The last season was anticlimactic and the first few really floundered with the good lawyer/bad lawyer decision/ Dilemma it didn't really deserve to be in the BB universe.

Overall the series had some good (interesting) moments but it was not riveting at any point. The last season was anticlimactic and the first few really floundered with the good lawyer/bad lawyer decision/ Dilemma it didn't really deserve to be in the BB universe.
Often riveting for me. A big issue for me is whether a show is creative, unique, and interesting - and BB was all of that. Good bad guys. Bad good guys. Accurate law firm dynamics. Chicago Sunroofs. To me it was equivalent to Godfather II as a sequel.

The last season was weird. It was not logical unless you realize the main theme: SG/JM cannot help himself, he will always be Slippin' Jimmy, which led to his rise and to his fall. (A bigger problem - it's hard to make Kim Wexler look bad, but as bad as they tried to make her look, she deserves better than Florida Man.)

Often riveting for me. A big issue for me is whether a show is creative, unique, and interesting - and BB was all of that. Good bad guys. Bad good guys. Accurate law firm dynamics. Chicago Sunroofs. To me it was equivalent to Godfather II as a sequel.

The last season was weird. It was not logical unless you realize the main theme: SG/JM cannot help himself, he will always be Slippin' Jimmy, which led to his rise and to his fall. (A bigger problem - it's hard to make Kim Wexler look bad, but as bad as they tried to make her look, she deserves better than Florida Man.)
Godfather II is about as strong a compliment as there is for me since it is one of (or maybe only) sequels to surpass the original.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom