Better Call Saul: The Final Season Premieres April 18 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Saint Jack

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Marty_Graw

America’s Most Unwanted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m still struggling to process Episode 4. That whole scene with Gus bouncing through his house, secret passageways, bunkers, etc just lost me.

Going to rewatch it tonight and try to figure it out.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m still struggling to process Episode 4. That whole scene with Gus bouncing through his house, secret passageways, bunkers, etc just lost me.

so the beginning was a bait and switch - they made it seem like 'someone' was spying on Gus (Lalo??)
but at the end we see that he (and Mike) have built this protection system in case Lalo or other Salamancas attack
-- similar reason Mike had Kim and Jimmie followed --
the couple at the beginning were plants (they may or may not be an actual couple - they seem to be. it may or may not be their house - probably is)

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Don't know if it's a worse makeup job, or just factual older age, but Mike looks very much an old man in this series.

Yet in Breaking Bad his character seemed more believable. In this series they're turning him into geriatric Batman.

Kim's voice just annoys me for some reason.

Other than that it's been a good season. Especially the Lalo character.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Not sure there's ever been a show(s) that can plant a seed 2-3 seasons ahead of when it pays off like this one and BB.

It's unspoken but Gus trying to upsell the Spicy Curls to a customer jogs his memory of pitching the Spicy Curls at the Madrigal meeting in Germany of all the subsidiaries last(?) season which gets him thinking that Lalo must be on the hunt for the rest of the German work crew to find an angle against Gus - which will inevitably lead to him finding the Superlab....ridiculous but amazing.

Gus discovers his own weakness and starts planning for the coming attack without any meaningful dialogue at all.

Marty_Graw

America’s Most Unwanted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Found this episode a bit of a snoozer, but it did bring Lalo back into the picture and throw a few more side-angles as far as Jimmy dealing with Howard, Kim perhaps reconsidering her decisions and Gus continuing to lose it.

From what I understand, the show will air 2 more episodes, take a 2 month “break” and then resume for the final 6 episodes. I expect some serious drama in the 2 episodes before the break.

Last edited:

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
Reaction score
Not sure there's ever been a show(s) that can plant a seed 2-3 seasons ahead of when it pays off like this one and BB.

It's unspoken but Gus trying to upsell the Spicy Curls to a customer jogs his memory of pitching the Spicy Curls at the Madrigal meeting in Germany of all the subsidiaries last(?) season which gets him thinking that Lalo must be on the hunt for the rest of the German work crew to find an angle against Gus - which will inevitably lead to him finding the Superlab....ridiculous but amazing.

Gus discovers his own weakness and starts planning for the coming attack without any meaningful dialogue at all.
That's the only issue I have with Gus, the lack of dialogue! It makes him unique and I love it but there are too many blank expression looks on his face for me. It's the same thing over and over.

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Marty_Graw

America’s Most Unwanted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Guido alluded to it a few posts ago, but apparently Gus is using the Rymans (neighbors) as lookouts and using their home as a control/command center to monitor his home. Somehow he managed to excavate a massive tunnel between the two properties without the HOA noticing.
What threw me off during the cold open was that I thought the male on the Bike was Saul and that the scene was some sort of time jump. That actor/character has a very similar speech cadence to Odenkirk.
Something I also missed during the first viewing was they guy who Gus passed in the tunnel is dressed exactly like Gus. Apparently Lalo isn’t the only one who is utilizing a body double.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's the only issue I have with Gus, the lack of dialogue! It makes him unique and I love it but there are too many blank expression looks on his face for me. It's the same thing over and over.
but that's part of what i love so much about the characterization of Gus
that snap of realization to 'spicy curls' is as bombastic as Shatner screaming "KHAN!!"
it really pays off close viewing and i appreciate it so much

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
but that's part of what i love so much about the characterization of Gus
that snap of realization to 'spicy curls' is as bombastic as Shatner screaming "KHAN!!"
it really pays off close viewing and i appreciate it so much
I just have a massive crush on Giancarlo.

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Guido alluded to it a few posts ago, but apparently Gus is using the Rymans (neighbors) as lookouts and using their home as a control/command center to monitor his home. Somehow he managed to excavate a massive tunnel between the two properties without the HOA noticing.
What threw me off during the cold open was that I thought the male on the Bike was Saul and that the scene was some sort of time jump. That actor/character has a very similar speech cadence to Odenkirk.
Something I also missed during the first viewing was they guy who Gus passed in the tunnel is dressed exactly like Gus. Apparently Lalo isn’t the only one who is utilizing a body double.
I did not remember this at first, but there is a scene in Breaking Bad where Walter goes to Gus's house with a gun to kill him. Before he can even get to the door he gets a call from Tyrus(?) saying "Go home Walter." He looks around and there is nobody visible... now we know he was being watched by the security team in the neighbor's house.

Brees4prez

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am preparing myself for another run of breaking bad. We have already watched it twice and i have a feeling by the end of better call saul, I am going to watch it again to piece it all together. The writers of this show are truly gifted and i hope for more spinoffs.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
Reaction score
I am preparing myself for another run of breaking bad. We have already watched it twice and i have a feeling by the end of better call saul, I am going to watch it again to piece it all together. The writers of this show are truly gifted and i hope for more spinoffs.
You forgot to plug Dos Hombres.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom